Show off your roosters

One of my olive egger Roos!

Last edited:
This is my Black Orpington, Sue. He is at least 6 years old, although I think he may be older. Everyone who sees him remarks about how big he is. He is very calm and well behaved. He is the only chicken I have that you can walk up to and pick up without fuss. My kids play in the yard and he has never given them so much as a side eyed look. He's sweet to his girls and they like him. Unfortunately, he seems to be on the downhill slope of life. I'm going to be sad to see him go.

After careful selection, this is the rooster that I've chosen to keep as a back-up. He is Sue's son, I believe his mom is an Easter Egger. He doesn't have a name yet…any suggestions?

This is my Black Orpington, Sue. He is at least 6 years old, although I think he may be older. Everyone who sees him remarks about how big he is. He is very calm and well behaved. He is the only chicken I have that you can walk up to and pick up without fuss. My kids play in the yard and he has never given them so much as a side eyed look. He's sweet to his girls and they like him. Unfortunately, he seems to be on the downhill slope of life. I'm going to be sad to see him go.

After careful selection, this is the rooster that I've chosen to keep as a back-up. He is Sue's son, I believe his mom is an Easter Egger. He doesn't have a name yet…any suggestions?

Sue is a beautiful roo. I hope you have many years left with him. I have a 6 yr old bantam game roo and he still seems to be doing fine. As for Sues son I call him Handsome and he really is.
smile.png

Enjoy what time you have left with Sue...What about Sue-Two for his son? Or Johnny Cash? (I'm imagining that is where his name originated)

Back
Top Bottom