Show off your roosters

This is my Silver Phoenix. He's almost 2 years old and has a 6 foot tail. I absolutely love showing him. He's my best friend and I love him. Phoenix's are my favorite :)

Wow... I hope that my pheonix roo gets a tail like that!

The way they explode when fighting, I sure wouldn't catch how they spur something. Very interesting that they rotate and kick, with everything they have all their leg and body behind it. Do you just trim and shape the spurs up, when they get less than optimal?
1f413.png
Yeah they are fast.. I was a kickboxer for a long time so I have a innate interest in how they kicked. I've taken enough kicks from them to know. haha

Yeah I trim them back as needed... but I dont cut them below the new soft tissue. I only trim the hardened spur tips using dikes or pvc pipe cutters.

Good lord... just had this monster brought into work... he's easily 2x the size of a normal EE rooster. If I didn't know better I would swear he had oriental blood... of course being me I immediately told the owners I'd take him.

And here... that's his cage on the left, which as you can see he's so tall his tail and head touch the roof... well here on the right is a cage with a normal sized EE in it... to give a size comparison.

Still trying to think of names. King? Big Daddy? Behemoth? He's something to behold, for sure.

He's gorgeous! Little John, Godzilla, and I also like abbevilleoz's suggestion of Goliath.

QueenMisha, Dang he is huge! Do you know how old he is? Hope he is gentle, that's a lot of bird. What are you thinking he is crossed with? I am not up on all the breeds yet.

Back
Top Bottom