Show off your roosters

Sugarpuff the australorp....

Sugarpuff is such a lovebird with his hen. she won't lay an egg unless he is guarding her. recently he fought off a domestic cat for her.
and Palmer the golden laced polish. (or is he a brabanter?)

very skittish little guy there.

Thing, my 5 month old Bantam Mottled Cochin Cockerel with a large fowl attitude. He drug a guinea 3 ft away from his pullets and hens. He has learned not to get in Mom's face as well. She treats him like a lap dog if he tries to be dominant. Poor lil guy got carried around under my arm while I did chores.

Thing, my 5 month old Bantam Mottled Cochin Cockerel with a large fowl attitude. He drug a guinea 3 ft away from his pullets and hens. He has learned not to get in Mom's face as well. She treats him like a lap dog if he tries to be dominant. Poor lil guy got carried around under my arm while I did chores.

Love the name. He sure looks like a lil troublemaker. Banty Cochins are the best.

The new star of my Black Copper Mottled Booted Bantam program, D.W.J. Although I'm rather irritated that he was one of the 50% of my hatch that had to be bearded (throwback to some d'Uccle blood the original breeder had tossed in while working on some new colors), he's otherwise turning out to be a gorgeous and very sweet specimen. He was the only properly mottled cockerel to come out of this year's hatch, along with two mottled pullets. Now that I've got a better color base, I'll be working on removing those pesky beards from my birds...

Cool colors!... Id say he is mixed with some kind of layer breed. Stubby tail and looks heavy for OE...

I saw the parents. Ameraucana rooster with Wheaten Marans and BCM hens. His tail is "stubby" because he is moulting at the moment. He actually has one left now. Unless the breeder was lying to me....she sold them as OE

Back
Top Bottom