Show off your small or cheap made coop

This is the only thread I will post my coop. It is made with an old table turned upside down. Plywood from left over of neighbor's chicken mansion. The "metal" roof is the old air conditioner drip pan; and the door is the pallet came with the new air conditioner. The pots are used to hold down the removable metal roof. A patch here and there as you can see. It's not a coop, it is chicken shelter. Polina and Pavela are happy.

Except for the hardware our tractor is entirely of materials we had laying around, left over from 20 years worth of projects.

We had to adjust the wheels up as we didn't account for the thickness of the grass

We designed the entire tractor, taking from the many designs I have seen on the this site and others!

I hope we have enough ventilation in the house.

Oh I did purchase stick on tiles for the floor for easy clean up

Since the chicks are small right now they are sleeping in the nesting boxes, will frame them in when the chicks are older

I like the big wide openings

very easy access for cleaning

We put this wide door to access the run

We used hardware cloth for additional security.

Oh yeah, and of course they have a ramp up to the coop door. I used an old flower planter that had slats on the bottom.

We're currently building the Purina Coop with a few simple modifications. So far it hasn't cost us a dime, although DH says he's going to buy some 2x4's. We're reusing the lumber that I had my DS's salvage from the "de-construction" of our old deck and decking screws and other misc. screws we had left over from other projects. Once we're done I'll try and post pics! :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom