Show off your small or cheap made coop

Ok, still need to put the "roofing" on and trim out the chicken door but it's pretty much finished!
smile.png

There's more pics of it in my default album if you wanna look.

My cheapest coops were a dog house i made and that was taken over by two of my ducks, got the plywood and siding with the house, a plastic dog carrier (used by my lone d uccle) and a few bricks , 2 2x4 and wavy plastic roofing for my muscovies.... But my next coops will be fancier.

Last edited:
Chicken tractor (top) I made out of leftovers from the chicken coop that my husband and dad mostly made. Coop: Leftover siding and soffet from house addition as well as all nails and screws, plywood pieces, old window, nest boxes from old dresser drawer and roosts from scrap...total approx cost for both projects (2x3s, 4x4s,plywood, screening, etc) approx $100

chirp2011- There is something cute and charming about your coup! I think it's the wood and the chickens! strikefalcon's coup doesn't look cheap to me. And the other coops look like they "get the job done"! Some good ideas in all these coops. Thanks for posting!

Here's a couple of pics of the material I got from pallets that I'm going to make a coop out of. The wood on the trailer includes some rough sawn oak 1 x 12 that came on a BIG pallet, the second pic is all 2x4's that were on all of the pallets. I'm going to base my coop on a real nice 32x48in pallet with 4x4 legs to keep it about 2ft off the ground. I picked up some roofing steel today from a neighbor that just finished reroofing his house, that will be the exterior and roof for the coop. I was given a fish shanty that was put together with wood screws, and when I took it apart I saved all of them and will reuse them on the coop. I'm putting the coop in a 7x10 dog kennel that I had., So far all I've spent is gas money to pick up the pallets, and a few beers after busting them up.

Back
Top Bottom