show quality speckled sussex ??

Pics
Ok heres my Speckleds. They aren't as tiny as they look, I promise! ... closeups seem to dwarf em!

This is Frog, almost 10 months old
62442_frog123.jpg

62442_5-17-2011_019.jpg

62442_5-17-2011_028.jpg

62442_5-17-2011_029.jpg

62442_5-17-2011_030.jpg

62442_5-17-2011_032.jpg

And here is Mighty Mouse the roo (approx 8mo) I'm using for right now. My other boy has a 90deg tail angle and I've hatched enough from him, I am hoping Mighty Mouse helps some against the girls with too much white and extremely high tail angle
62442_5-17-2011_015.jpg

62442_5-17-2011_022.jpg

62442_5-17-2011_023.jpg

62442_5-17-2011_024.jpg

62442_5-17-2011_025.jpg

I know all three have faults, but they're the best of what I've got, overall, so I'm trying to work from here....

Last edited:
Quote:
Would it be possible to get another picture of the left side of the comb. He appears to have a side sprig. I would not breed to this male or the other one with the 90* tail unless you just want speckled chickens to run the yard.

Oh Don,

I have no idea what to even look at - -

HELP me focus my eye. . .

What should I look at first ? ?

I think the second bird, JAM, has a length of back and tail angle than the first bird.
Other than that - - -I don't know where to go next.

What should I look at when I am looking at the wing spread. ..

Last edited:
Quote:
Lisa, somehow I missed these when you posted them, sorry. This second female is much better than the first but have to say you sure can tell they are hatchery Fowl. They do not have any type and are very narrow in the back. Take a look at the three female in the other post I commented about. I believe the other two female in the last post are also hatchery fowl. The male has nothing going for him at all.

Quote:
Lisa, look at the second wing spread and you will see the primary feathers are black and all should have the white tip, looks like three out of five do. Now the secondary feathers do not have enough white edging or white tip.

Quote:
Lisa,

You sure can tell they are hatchery Fowl. They do not have any type and are very narrow in the back. Take a look at the three female in the other post I commented about. I believe the other two female in the last post are also hatchery fowl. The male has nothing going for him at all.

I am watching EVERYTHING you write. . . .

The first bird is our little butterball - big chest. So, I am really surprised that her type is not closer to being right.
The second bird has always been lean ( narrow) and not chesty. I knew this could not be right because they were originally MEAT birds.

I sure hope X2Farms does not get offended.. . but I really want to know what is wrong with the roo.
I talked to another breeder who uses an overly dark roo to ensure show quality hens ( without too much white).
That is what I thought I was seeing with this roo. . . . .

What would cause a roo to carry his tail so low ? ?

Back
Top Bottom