show quality speckled sussex ??

Quote:
Thanks Rancher. . . . I will see if I can locate a copy of the magazine. ...

Rancher, this looks like a UK magazine. . . . How do you get a subscription in the US?

Last edited:
Quote:
OKAY. .. I have a couple of hatchery older girls that I plan on taking some pics of today . ..

I will do that with them and post tomorrow.
smile.png

Quote:

Rancher, this looks like a UK magazine. . . . How do you get a subscription in the US?

It is sold at TSC and I wait for it every month. I intend to subscribe but it's $71 at year, which is better since it just went up .49 an issue to $7.99. If you can't afford it maybe you can share the cost with a friend.

Quote:

Unless you plan to show in the UK keep in mind that their Standard differs from our own.
If you're seriously interested in showing one of the first things you should do is buy a copy of The Standard of Perfection. Available from the American Poultry Association's website.

Quote:

Unless you plan to show in the UK keep in mind that their Standard differs from our own.
If you're seriously interested in showing one of the first things you should do is buy a copy of The Standard of Perfection. Available from the American Poultry Association's website.

I have this BUT what I am really looking for is some pictures of some good examples of some ss.

HOWEVER, stick around NYREDS. . . . You can give me some feedback on some pics of my stock. Today we had a horrid storm. It took a tree down, blew a ladder into my garden and knocked over my sunflowers and some tomatos, blew some of my roofing off my coops that were a work in progress, and killed one of my chicks. .. . Needless to say, I did not get any pics of my older ss today.

TOMORROW is another day and I will try again. . . .

Oh no! It sounds like you had a horrid time of it with the weather!
hugs.gif

I am also interested in seeing some 'show quality' speckled sussex chicks. I have d'uccles, both porcelain an mille fleur, and the speckled sussex kind of reminds me of the mille fleur pattern. Plus I LOVE their personalities so far. I hope the rooster's don't turn mean down the road.......

This is Tic Tac. . . . . She is one of my one year old SS hatchery hens

IMG_1918.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

What do you think about her shape ? ?

Since her speckles are not evenly distributed, I would say her color is not good. . . . Anything else that I should be noticing ? ?

This is pumpkin. She is another one year old hatchery SS hen. However, she is from a different hatchery.

IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1930.jpg

I think her coloring is better because the speckles are more evenly distributed, but I don't think the body shape is right. . . .

Am I way off on this ? ?

Back
Top Bottom