Show us your nest boxes! Ingenous design post it here!

Pics
Being a New Englander, I went for utility...

Doors flip up to gather eggs from the working area of the coup, so we don't have to enter the living area.
A longer door at the bottom opens to allow for easier cleaning.

nestarearearopen.jpg

Here's what it looks like all buttoned up.

nestarearearclosed.jpg

Here's what it looks like now, in place in the coup.
nestarea2.jpg

Is anyone using the plastic crates Walmart is now selling for under $4? If so, how are you setting them up? They are only 10.5" high, which means laid on their side, they don't provide a lot o depth. It concernes me using anything under 12" depth. Any comments?

my currently unused nest is a whicker basket which I don't have pics of right now. Oh, wait, not totally unused, the BO would hide in there from anything she thought was gonna git er

We decided we needed more nest boxes for the Girls...the next day I came home from work to have Honey show me what he'd come up with. I thought it was awesome!

99683_coolest_nest_box_ever.jpg

Our broodiez think so, too! We had 5 hens peacefully share and brood a drawer full this summer.
It proved even greater after the hatch! When we wanted to move the moms and their new babies into the brooder room Honey just picked the whole dresser up and carried it over--moms, chicks and all--with minimal stress to the moms and chicks.

Back
Top Bottom