Show us your nest boxes! Ingenous design post it here!

Pics
Here's my solution:

The lid flips out to form a table. Above the egg boxes, there's a utility cabinet where we keep feed and other things. The right side is going to be a sick bay, if a need for that ever arises. I haven't installed netting on the inside of it yet, but it's on the to do list. The nests themselves are kitty litter boxes.

Here's a view from the inside. The curtains are wax fabric, I think about 6 euros per meter at Ikea.

As for the function, I can't speak to it yet as our girls are still holding out on us. With the oldest three being about 5 months now, we're hoping to start getting eggs soon.

Last edited:
My nesting box. Drilled 4" holes on outside and put swivel doors for easy egg access.

Here's my solution:

The lid flips out to form a table. Above the egg boxes, there's a utility cabinet where we keep feed and other things. The right side is going to be a sick bay, if a need for that ever arises. I haven't installed netting on the inside of it yet, but it's on the to do list. The nests themselves are kitty litter boxes.

Here's a view from the inside. The curtains are wax fabric, I think about 6 euros per meter at Ikea.

As for the function, I can't speak to it yet as our girls are still holding out on us. With the oldest three being about 5 months now, we're hoping to start getting eggs soon.
I might add, we got our first egg on Wednesday, and four eggs since. Each and every one have been laid in the nest boxes.

I am looking to make some changes to my nest boxes. I am a firm believer in upcycling and using what you already have. There are so many wonderful and unique ideas on here. You have inspired me with your creativity. I can wait to get started :)

Back
Top Bottom