Show us your nest boxes! Ingenous design post it here!

Pics
A nest box is a nest box right? I had 2 rabbit boxes in the building and my bantams have been using them.
IMG_5345.JPG

oh wow! what a great idea. I'm designing/building my first chicken coop now. And we have a doghouse sitting in the yard that none of the dogs use. Seems like the doghouse could be used for addition housing, or to contain a dust bath, or ?

Depending on the size of the dog house and your flock it could be used for various things I'm sure. If you have a really large dog house it could be anything from an isolation coop to a small, rain resistant dust bath.

Hey guys and gals! Myself and my daughter are going to be joining the back yard chicken movement in the spring! Would it be possible to modify an old bookshelf that is 9 inches wide and 32 inches long? We are starting with Easter Eggers :)

Hey guys and gals! Myself and my daughter are going to be joining the back yard chicken movement in the spring! Would it be possible to modify an old bookshelf that is 9 inches wide and 32 inches long? We are starting with Easter Eggers :)
Welcome to BYC!
Nests are best at a minimum of 12x12x12.
9 would be kinda small unless you have bantam birds.

Back
Top Bottom