Show us your special needs chickens...:)

artsyrobin

Artful Wings
15 Years
Mar 1, 2009
Muskogee OK
Not to debate whether or not to care for them- but to show us your special needs and how you care for them
this is Emily, a friend rescued her last spring and gave her to me, she lost her leg to frostbite,
emilyperch2.jpg

file-15.jpg

file-7.jpg

she hatched a chick and they are best friends
file-164.jpg

and this is Red, a feedstore banty cochin, for some reason she never grew- she is now a house chicken and will snuggle under your arm-
red21.jpg

red31.jpg

Awwwww! Thank you for giving them such good homes!! I don't have any special needs chickens at my house
smile.png

Here is Mary Belle, she's a Cochin I ordered from McMurray hatchery. She's blind in one eye, and small just like your little red girl. She's about half the size of my other Cochins. I bring her inside occasionally (when my DH isn't home
hide.gif
) and feed her special treats. Her being blind has turned her into our friendliest chicken and she'll come when you call her name
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/86165_090611084412.jpg
In
this pic, she's in the very front showing off her bad eye. It also shows the size difference.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/86165_2011-07-27_10-36-41_142.jpg
And
here she is with Pudge, her best buddy.

Quote:
86165_090611084412.jpg

86165_2011-07-27_10-36-41_142.jpg

awww, what a sweetheart- and her best buddy!! have you ever figured out why she is small?

so red rooster, she manages fine?

i have 2 silkie boys that are nearly blind, and they have a bachelor pen, seem to do fine-

24037_bman.jpg

24037_lman.jpg

i just bought some chicks from atwoods and i noticed one had only 1 eye; so i told the man i will give him a good home if you cut me a deal ( i would have bought him anyway i was just hoping for a deal) he gave it to me for free, after i got him home i noticed his beak isn't perfectly aligned as it should be, but i am hoping it will make a good pet, it is an americana ( mispelled)

Arn't you glad chickens dont just give up when something happens to them? I mean most people would have been feeling sorry for themselves. I'm glad chickens are my role model.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom