Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

Pics
I totally will!
Someone is persistently bidding against me on the multicolored eggs right now and there are still three days left
sad.png

Quote:
Fine, if you want them that bad
barnie.gif

omg, hahahaha, please say thats a joke, hahahaha

fine if tha't what you want to hear, * I was joking * I don't even like auctions why would I bid?
frow.gif

LOL! Gotta love bidding wars! I habe been loosing TONS recently. I would also reccommend Fowlrus highly! She has all sorts of cool colors and also amazing packing! I have never purchased from frenchtoast but hers looked really nice!!! My lav sg pen I am getting eggs from and I THINK my splash sg just started laying again but she is in with a lav roo, blue roo, and porcelain roo (I haven't seperated them for spring yet).

I can't wait for spring to start my BBS sg pen!!!
ya.gif

and as promised.....some pics of my first lav sg hatch where 3 lavs 1 black split...
57966_lavsgchick2.jpg

57966_lavsgchick3.jpg

57966_lavsgolderchick.jpg

57966_blacksplitsg.jpg

They are in that really awkward ugly pinfeathery stage but I
love.gif
them anyways!

LOL! I also have one black split silkie and one lav silkie from the batch and I just looked them all over and to me they ALL look like roos!
th.gif
That includes the two silkies that hatched with them!!

I think I may keep the best two roos and grow them out. If either end up nicer than dad one will stay! Dad's only problem is that he has 2 small points on his comb. I would also like to increase his crest size. I LOVE the dad but if one of his boys is nicer he will move on. I don't have tons of room and want to improve so I have to cull HARD.

I also breed rabbits and have to be even stricter with them. I am to the point where if one stays it must be nicer than one of it's parents, and the parent must move on. I just don't have the room to keep them all.

Looks like some lucky BYC people may ends up with some nice lav and split silkie and sg roos soon! If anyone is interested in one and close enough to meet up in Pottstown, PA 19465 PM me lol!

ETA- Dad is my avatar

Last edited:
Quote:
Awww rilly they are sooo cute....well they will be...
lol.png
I know what you mean about that awkward stage man! you just hope no one asks to see them for week...
lau.gif
...My Blue/Splash Silkies are at that stage fuzzy pin cushions.

Suz

76885_dsc02088.jpg
76885_dsc02051.jpg
76885_photo-0025_edited.jpg
Sorry about the quality -or lack of it - in these photos, you get an idea ,i hope of my "work in progress ", (Showgirls from scratch ) These are some of the pullets I raised last year -and one of the original NN hens they are descended from ! Long way to go yet ,but I have just had the very first eggs from these pullets !I have used a Bearded Lavender Silkie cockeral this year ,he has a great "topknot" and very hairy feet (hence his name - Hobbit ),which I definately need to improve ..........So,fingers crossed for the next generation !Any helpful comments/suggestions ,please ??????

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom