Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

Cool!  I once had a showgirl/frizzled-polish cross rooster and he was the cutest thing I've ever seen (taken by a raccoon sadly).  I bet your frizzled naked neck silkies will look similar - very cute!  When crossing blue and white, it depends on whether the white is dominant or recessive (or both in some birds).  The rooster I mentioned was white (with white dad and laced mom).  If it's only recessive white, then the babies would be split-white (appear blue or black with leakage probably).  When you put those back with white though you'd get 50% white assuming all are recessive white only.  If any of the birds have dominant white in them though you could even end up with some paint color.  If your blue roo is split-recessive white (no way to tell until breeding), then you'd probably get 50% white, 25% blue, 25% black.  You'll find out soon!

Thanks for the info! I am so excited to see what we get from him. ;)

Only the one is cuckoo it's hard to see any of the color banding in this photo. Mine came from blueridgesilkies.com from hatching eggs. I am looking for showgirl eggs to hatch of any color! Let me know if anyone has any.

Stacy im getting about 70% showgirls from my silkie surprise pen right now but not many eggs. Yell if your interested.

What do you guys think, 9 1/2 weeks old, boy or girl...any guesses are appreciated:)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6450398/width/200/height/400

[IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6450395/width/200/height/400

Hello everyone!

I am interested in making my own frizzles as soon as I get a hold of a silkie hen or two. :) Question for you guys. Have any of you tried to retain the turken laying capacity along as well with the looks or are you guys breeding for looks instead of both utility and looks. Love our turkens to death and would love to see some fluffy versions running around.

im so sorry for your loss...I too had feathers strown...lost my beloved roo,beep...he was like my own kid!!.catch the culprit!! I now have a silkie nn roo,and a bantam cochin frizzle,they just had babies...so cute they are!! pictures to come soon.

Hello everyone!

I am interested in making my own frizzles as soon as I get a hold of a silkie hen or two. :) Question for you guys. Have any of you tried to retain the turken laying capacity along as well with the looks or are you guys breeding for looks instead of both utility and looks. Love our turkens to death and would love to see some fluffy versions running around.

I do find most showgirls lay well in their pullet year. But its hard to choose for that unless you keep everyone till pol.

Think of Barred Rock. Black and white speckles.
Too bad we haven't come far enough with the Silkie breeding, a big issue right now is trying to get the skin and combs dark enough. Work in progress!

Really really poorly bred barred rocks. Barred rocks should have stripes on them. Dominques though have more of a cuckoo coloring. Think black feathers swith disjointed or jagged white barring. The bars are indistinct and do not line up - so you get a spotted appearance.

Lost my showgirl hen today
hit.gif
I have no idea what happened.

I know its been weeks, but a belated hug
hugs.gif
for your loss. It seems that always the best seem to be the ones to go, and it is harder when you don't know why. Very sorry.

Back
Top Bottom