Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

Are showgirls considered a bantam breed? I bought 2 little chicks yesterday that are only a week old and they are so cute!

Are showgirls considered a bantam breed? I bought 2 little chicks yesterday that are only a week old and they are so cute!

I have a showgirl roo and he is full sized - bigger than some of my large fowl hens. I think that much depends on what was in the naked neck that they were bred from.

I have a showgirl roo and he is full sized - bigger than some of my large fowl hens. I think that much depends on what was in the naked neck that they were bred from.

Yes I am hoping mine turn out to be small. I got to see the mother and father when I bought the chicks and they were pretty small. Thanks!

Will anybody have some Showgirl chicks in a couple months? I don't care if they are straight run. I cant take any hatching eggs cause the bator is full. And I cant take chicks now because the brooder is full! LOL But in a couple months I would love to have some showgirl chicks that come from small bantam sized parents. I would like some red, blue, black, or whatever other color. Thanks! BTW, I forgot to add...... If anybody would also have eggs around Halloween or Christmas I would be interested! I love to hatch eggs around the holidays! lol

Last edited:
Will anybody have some Showgirl chicks in a couple months? I don't care if they are straight run. I cant take any hatching eggs cause the bator is full. And I cant take chicks now because the brooder is full! LOL But in a couple months I would love to have some showgirl chicks that come from small bantam sized parents. I would like some red, blue, black, or whatever other color. Thanks! BTW, I forgot to add...... If anybody would also have eggs around Halloween or Christmas I would be interested! I love to hatch eggs around the holidays! lol

I could send chicks probably in a couple months, assuming our breeders aren't lost to predators by then. We have lots of daytime troubles with raccoons, bobcats, etc and we've just gotten lucky the past few months so I can't guarantee our luck will continue! I have chick boxes and warm packs though already to send chicks so just let me know later and I can send some chicks for $3.50 each + shipping. They are all white naked neck silkies (all chicks would have the bowtie since the dad is clean-neck and the moms are pure silkie.)

Guesses on whether Petrie will crow or not? I think shes around 15 weeks, she occasionally sings an egg song and sits on her pint sized pen mate. I was pretty sure it is a pullet, but scanning this thread makes me wonder if the lighter skin indicates otherwise?

Guesses on whether Petrie will crow or not? I think shes around 15 weeks, she occasionally sings an egg song and sits on her pint sized pen mate. I was pretty sure it is a pullet, but scanning this thread makes me wonder if the lighter skin indicates otherwise?

Its very pink for a girl but not 100% boy yet..

Hi everyone, hope all you poultry adventures have gone well this summer. Just want to let you all know I have a few birds for sale. Four hens some clean necked an some bearded, one cockerel is bearded, and a clean necked chick. Here is a quick pic of them. all white SG's

ignore the date I used an old camera and didn't set the date on it.. message me if interested. I am in Oceana County Michigan and you must be able to pick them up.

Back
Top Bottom