Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

Pics
Quote:
Good luck!
fl.gif

I have white silkie eggs from my flock in the bator now. Need a couple more hens and a new roo to grow out.

Suz

I just put 9 Showgirl/silkie eggs in lockdown. I'd like to introduce myself to this thread. My name is Sonja. This will be my first experience with showgirls or silkies. We did have a SG chick last year but it didnt make it for some unknown reason. The eggs I just put into lockdown came from a fellow BYCer. They are partridge colored. I am super excited. I can't wait until they get a little older so I can see their personalities that everyone raves about. Just thought I'd drop in and say
frow.gif

awesome! good luck to you guys as well!
i finally got to be overwhelmed by my first hatching experience last night. I candled five of the 29 and in four of them i could actually see veins and little crescent shaped masses! oh oh oh! how exciting! tonight i will do another five and maybe another five the following night and see if i can make out a kind of percentage of how many i may have. ooooh yay!

I put in (i think...) 10 white showgirls, 8 partridge showgirls, and then 12 mixed color silkie/ showgirls. i am really hoping for a buff showgirl since her bunch had a couple buff silkies and maybe a buff showgirl roo. we shall see we shall see!

ill feel lucky if i get five babies, though, lol

Quote:
byc member Seeing Silkies through and e-bay auction... she was the one with the assorted color silkies and showgirls, and then the white and partridge showgirls came from byc member frenchtoast. They both have really pretty birds.

how bout you?

My hatching is in part balanced by the ability to eat extra boys. Sad, but you can't find homes for ALL the boys, at least I can't. Pullets is another matter entirely.

Quote:
byc member Seeing Silkies through and e-bay auction... she was the one with the assorted color silkies and showgirls, and then the white and partridge showgirls came from byc member frenchtoast. They both have really pretty birds.

how bout you?

I got mine from FrenchToast too. Her birds are gorgeous.

Quote:
My auction was for partdridge only but I think she threw in a couple of white ones too, which was very nice of her.

Back
Top Bottom