Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

Sex question. I have three chicks, and I noticed today that two have similar combs, and the third is very different. Maybe a hint on gender...

Here are some pics. These two have wide combs that are relatively flat:

Then this one is narrower, but not flat, there are little raised bumps up top

Are these any indications of gender yet? They are only 4 weeks old.

Present! For a short while...till lunch is over...

I just had some little black, splash and partridge SG's hatch out last weekend. I need to get my hiney in gear and get pix of them posted...they are so crazy darling!

Snapped some pictures this weekend of the birds :) We just separated out our showgirls into their own coop away from the silkies and have a blue silkie rooster covering them. This is my daughter, Hannah, and one of our partridge hens :)

light Blue pullet....

and the birds out enjoying the cold day...

Just thought I'd share some pictures!! :)

Snapped some pictures this weekend of the birds :) We just separated out our showgirls into their own coop away from the silkies and have a blue silkie rooster covering them. This is my daughter, Hannah, and one of our partridge hens :)

light Blue pullet....

and the birds out enjoying the cold day...

Just thought I'd share some pictures!! :)
How fun! Your SGs (and daughter) are beautiful!

Just sharing what I've been up to this Winter :) These are some of my favorite chicks hatched from the chickens I hatched last Spring

my sg's are maturing i notice they done crow like a normal rooster persay a cochin, he sounds like a cross between a peacock and a pheasant..is this their normal crow or do they develop in sounding just like other roosters also mine only crow at night they dont make a sound durring day any reason why..

I have a situation with a showgirl roo, I'm not sure what too do. Back the first of First of December I changed out all my waterers to dishes for winter ( in northern Michigan where everything is frozen). My 9 month rooster, Buzz started sneezing about that time. He didn't act sick so I let it go. The beginning of January I swabbed him and sent it to the state vet to check for mg and he was negative. It hasn't spread to any one else either. So I decided I should bring him in and treat with antibiotics, more " just in case" than him acting sick. So the first day I did a really good look over him. His comb is funny shaped and covers part of one nostril. Then I caught him in the act of drinking out of a dish. He gets his comb wet, the water runs down his comb and into his nostril. To my knowledge there is nothing I can do for him. Can you dub a showgirl? I don't think I could do it. He is the best little guy, super friendly and curious. Just wondering if this has happened with any other showgirls.

Back
Top Bottom