Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

Very Beautiful Birds
droolin.gif

i have had showgirls for years. they are some of my all time favorites.

i have a minor setback, sadly one of my sg roos pecked another where theres no feathers on its head and its all bloody is there anything i can do for it besides i already seperated it, i feel sorry for the poor thing i hope it does good

you could clean it off with a saline solution or maybe even just soap and water. Dry, and put Blue Kote on it - especially to camoflauge any blood or red color. Chickens are attracted to red and peck.

Our Showgirl flock enjoyed some time out in the yard yesterday here in chilly Michigan :) We have a blue silkie rooster covering the hens right now...just need to get them laying eggs!

i have a minor setback, sadly one of my sg roos pecked another where theres no feathers on its head and its all bloody is there anything i can do for it besides i already seperated it, i feel sorry for the poor thing i hope it does good
Gentamicin spray from the Co Op is your best bet, and easiest to apply. It's labeled for fish use, usually. Veterycin is the same thing, I believe, but about three times the price.

This is my blue showgirl roo, Blue. Hope to get some nice blue and black chicks from him and my girls this year. Hoping for some really nice showgirls, loving them thanks to a friend.

Back
Top Bottom