Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

My daughter's 11th birthday is coming up in the next couple of weeks...and guess what she wants! More showgirls to love! Would anyone out there be able to ship us a few? We're open to a small order of st. run chicks or one or two sexed pullets. We're looking for black or cuckoo, or even a blue.
Thanks for any help!

. My 2 showgirls out having a bug feast with me and dad lol. I love these 2

My daughter's 11th birthday is coming up in the next couple of weeks...and guess what she wants! More showgirls to love! Would anyone out there be able to ship us a few? We're open to a small order of st. run chicks or one or two sexed pullets. We're looking for black or cuckoo, or even a blue.
Thanks for any help!
Anybody?
fl.gif

Umm...I thought Showgirls only came in white?
hu.gif
Guess not. Anybody have a website you can throw at me? I'd love to see & learn more! :D And these are only bantams, correct??

I LOOOVE the Naked Neck Turkens and plan to get some, but do you think these are better??

~~~ Psychodelic Peepazoid

Umm...I thought Showgirls only came in white?  :confused:   Guess not. Anybody have a website you can throw at me? I'd love to see & learn more! :D And these are only bantams, correct??

I LOOOVE the Naked Neck Turkens and plan to get some, but do you think these are better??

~~~ Psychodelic Peepazoid

Showgirls are primarily ornamentals, small eggs and broody alot...NN Turkens are LAYERS big time lol, and they are LF so the eggs are good sized, not bantam sized like the SG. I have both, I love my fluffy SG because they are so sweet and showy and are great "pets", but love my NN turkens for the great eggs, still sweet temperament, and so unique looking.

Last edited:
Oh wait! Large fowl??

Yes that is it :) Standard chicken size. NN Turkens are pretty good sized, on the bigger side of LF. SG are smaller, like silkies. They come from Silkies and NN turkens, but take on the smaller size of the bantam size silkie. I really like the white SG, I think they are more common because the white plumage contrasts so nicely with the dark skin.
I have had white and paint (white with black spots). I have some hatching in two days that could be a few colors, so excited!

Back
Top Bottom