Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

Oh My! How darling! Jealous! Are these babies from your own flock?

Yes, they are ours. Our flock consists of a pair of SG blacks, a pair of blue/grey SG and 2 SG white girls. We also have 2 bearded silkie roos and a nice silkie hen with them. Our SG eggs always have a question mark on them. :)

So happy I've been waiting 2 years to get a showgirl chick from my blue rooster and today Ive hatched out 3 so far!!!!!! And I still have 15 eggs to go :) 1 black and 2 whites. Little confused about the whites though I thought you had to breed white to white and blue to white could give you any color depending on the whites genes?

So happy I've been waiting 2 years to get a showgirl chick from my blue rooster and today Ive hatched out 3 so far!!!!!! And I still have 15 eggs to go :) 1 black and 2 whites. Little confused about the whites though I thought you had to breed white to white and blue to white could give you any color depending on the whites genes?

So happy I've been waiting 2 years to get a showgirl chick from my blue rooster and today Ive hatched out 3 so far!!!!!! And I still have 15 eggs to go :) 1 black and 2 whites. Little confused about the whites though I thought you had to breed white to white and that blue to white could give you any color depending on the whites genes?

Is anyone planning on going to this this weekend? I decided to go here vs the animal auction, even tho it's a 2 hr drive difference. Chickens are cheap enough, I'm not worried about trying to get them cheaper at an auction. I'm used to paying $100-250 for one rabbit, so $2-5 for a chicken is nothing! LMAO!

RiceStonian Craft & Critter Swap
Sat. May 18th 6AM-??
$2 per vehicle, held outside (no barn/shelter)
Otter Creek Inn (bar/restaurant)
E5480 HWY 64
Wheeler, WI

I only had 1 hatch this last time. I had 7 out of 8 hatch but only 1 SG. I'm not sure what color it is but its cute. It's having issues with it legs right now, trying to help it and give it a chance.

That's pretty!! I'm too new to give much of an opinion, but if I had to take a guess I'd say splash? Or blue? Here's a pic of our splash silkie just a couple of days old:

And at 1 1/2 weeks old with a black silkie that's 4-5 wks old:

Back
Top Bottom