Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

I am looking to trade one of my white showgirl hens AND a nice Paint Silkie cockerel for a quality true black showgirl OR black silkie HEN of breeding age. My white hen, Wanda, is two years old, and lays steadily in between brooding. She is very friendly and intelligent, and has made a good mom. I am not looking for a split, but rather a fully black hen to increase my chances of producing loud paints with my paint showgirl roo, without having to worry about lavenders popping up. Wanda is a high quality, > f9 showgirl, so I will require the same of her trade. Please PM pics of the bird you have available. I already have a box I can send Wanda in ASAP. I'd like to accomplish this trade soon, before it becomes too hot to ship safely. I am at Fort Smith, Arkansas (72901) if you happen to be close by. I have also included some pics of wanda's offspring (with both a white silkie sire an a Paint Showgirl sire). I believe she is a recessive white bird, based upon my hatch results. You can check out our website, www.compoundpoultry.weebly.com to see more pics of Wanda and to see how your trade will be cared for. Thanks!

Last edited:
hi boys and girls i have been wanting a showgirl for some time now and was hoping someone could point me to a breeder that will sell and ship eggs from a nice flock?

i have hatched shipped eggs before and understand the risks.

Most breeders ( but not all) breed silkie to showgirl so you will get a mix of silkies and showgirls. I'm not getting enough % showgirls in my silkie surprise eggs to sell them as showgirl eggs.

Debs flock has paint showgirls that are good quality. Mine are turning g fantastic this year but until my November girls start to lay its only about 30% SG in the mix.

I do BBS partridge and white and have a few sizzles showgirls in the mix.

I just wanted to share a few of my showgirls. The bigger ones are about 4 months old and the little ones are about 2-3 weeks old...

I have 24 eggs in my incubator, they will go into lockdown on Tuesday...I hope I have a good hatch, I am dying for more blue showgirls! My current blue chick is the first I've hatched out - but I need more!

Nice feet on those girls! I'm breeding for better toe feathering now.
I just wanted to share a few of my showgirls. The bigger ones are about 4 months old and the little ones are about 2-3 weeks old... I have 24 eggs in my incubator, they will go into lockdown on Tuesday...I hope I have a good hatch, I am dying for more blue showgirls! My current blue chick is the first I've hatched out - but I need more!

My new babies

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom