Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

I have a new chick that I'm not sure I can call a showgirl. It comes from a Sizzle mom and Showgirl dad. It does not have a crest bump. Do Showgirls have to have the knobby head? DH says he looks like he has mutton chops.

I have a new chick that I'm not sure I can call a showgirl. It comes from a Sizzle mom and Showgirl dad. It does not have a crest bump. Do Showgirls have to have the knobby head? DH says he looks like he has mutton chops.
It's sti a showgirl. They don't have to have the vaulted skull, a lot of my silkies and showgirls don't.

Does the sizzle have a silkie feather gene? If not your chicks will be smooth feathered. It takes 2 silked genes to get silkie feathers.

Those are considered smooth sizzle chicks. I have a smooth sizzle and a sizzle rooster. They both throw silked and non silked chicks.

My husband calls those mutton chop chicks van Buren chicks. The ones with the little cap he calls spy vers spy chicks from mad magazine.

Van Buren chicks grow up to look more stately I think!

Some newbies :) Loving all of the other pics on here!

What color is this first one? it has peach chipmunk stripes on its back but does not look dark enough to be partridge or buff...the rest looks white

Does the sizzle have a silkie feather gene? If not your chicks will be smooth feathered. It takes 2 silked genes to get silkie feathers.

Those are considered smooth sizzle chicks. I have a smooth sizzle and a sizzle rooster. They both throw silked and non silked chicks.

My husband calls those mutton chop chicks van Buren chicks. The ones with the little cap he calls spy vers spy chicks from mad magazine.

Van Buren chicks grow up to look more stately I think!

The mom had the silkie feather gene but frizzled. I can already tell this chick is the same so I guess it's a Fizzle Showgirl and appears to be a buff color. Unexpected fun. These two were control eggs of my own I put in with some purchased pheasant eggs. I always do this so I can tell if a hatch failure is the eggs or the incubator.

New baby Showgirl, any guesses on color

6 of my babies and all 3 showgirls

Good feet but it needs more feathering

All 3 of my showgirls, it's a little blurry but they are still so darn cute.

Some newbies
smile.png
Loving all of the other pics on here!

What color is this first one? it has peach chipmunk stripes on its back but does not look dark enough to be partridge or buff...the rest looks white

I thought mine were cute but I'm loving your light colored chick. I am so addicted to these babies now.

Cute chicks everyone!
Lacasa i don't have a lot of experience with white and buff colors. If it is a light partridge that would be awesome!
Momma I'd guess blue. My guys like that usually darken up. They also often get more feathers on the feet as long as they start with some. They can still get very fluffy.

Back
Top Bottom