Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

Taprock I do that too if I incubate eggs for other people. Silkies make great control eggs since they are so sensitive.

I have people calling for showgirls this week! Usually they want silkies and I try and turn them to the Vegas side.

One guy brother who had moved in with them and was Meh on chickens picked up the showgirl and fell in love. It was mutual. The chicken went to sit on them and demanded treats. It was very independent and not a people chicken before at all. I see diapers in her future!

Some newbies
smile.png
Loving all of the other pics on here!What color is this first one? it has peach chipmunk stripes on its back but does not look dark enough to be partridge or buff...the rest looks white

The one on top is more then likely just a white chick with "smut" that will go away as it feathers out.
I love the bottom chick, nice and dark! :)

I am so glad to find this thread! I have been breeding Showgirls for 3 years now. They are still just starting to catch on here. SO...it is refreshing to find someone to talk about them with. I have a lavender hen I have been working to get a chick from her and my Showgirl roo but they make it to LD and that is as far as they go. And so far the chicks have been partridge. So Fonzy is hiding a partridge gene.

Here is my little Isis that I show. She is a sweetie.

This is one of my blue roos

Will post more when I take more pics. I look forward to getting to know everyone here!!

I am so glad to find this thread! I have been breeding Showgirls for 3 years now. They are still just starting to catch on here. SO...it is refreshing to find someone to talk about them with. I have a lavender hen I have been working to get a chick from her and my Showgirl roo but they make it to LD and that is as far as they go. And so far the chicks have been partridge. So Fonzy is hiding a partridge gene. Here is my little Isis that I show. She is a sweetie. This is one of my blue roos Will post more when I take more pics. I look forward to getting to know everyone here!!
I LOVE Isis :) Both are adorable, but she has a cute little everything lol :D So funny I had a "Fonzie"--a Lav Am roo! , and a Potsie, RIchie, Joanie, Chachi, Lenny Squigmond, Laverne and Shirley :) I wanted to have a Mr. and Mrs C too, but then so many of the original bunch got rehomed for being roosters I did not make it that far ;)

Last edited:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/5797790/width/200/height/400[/IMG
Here are my new showgirl chicks. They are 4 days old and I'm in love.

Back
Top Bottom