Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

Bowties are more popular and you can gurentee them and still breed showgirl to silkie . showgirl to showgirl can produce unwanted loss of feathering or as I affectionately call it black butt syndrome.

This is when they are born with large areas on their behind along the backbone or keel without feathers. The feathers get long enough to cover it eventually but they can be more fragile and can freak people out even more when growing out.

The double nn gene has to be showgirl to showgirl breeding.

my little girl :) I got lucky I got 2 white showgirls out of my bbs pen!!!!

HI All!!

I want to join your thread. I love my showgirl and need more!! I am looking for nice full fluffy ones and would prefer not white or at lest not all white anyone have hatching eggs??. Here is my favorite hen she is a black bowtie non bearded. Sorry its a bad pic, I just realized I need more adult pics of her.

HI All!!

I want to join your thread. I love my showgirl and need more!! I am looking for nice full fluffy ones and would prefer not white or at lest not all white anyone have hatching eggs??. Here is my favorite hen she is a black bowtie non bearded. Sorry its a bad pic, I just realized I need more adult pics of her.
She's beautiful. Congratulations and welcome to the thread!

HI All!!

Breed theses lovely hens to a nice silkie rooster to make your self some lovely babies

I have a OK quality paint Silkie he came from a well known breeder so I'm hoping he throws better babies then him. And the showgirl is a possible split but its been so dang hot here no one wants to lay :(

Back
Top Bottom