Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

i dont think there is such thing a paint split
dont breeed him to a splash hen
if u dont like the rooster i wouldnt breed to him unless he only paint u can find

Priscilla is beautiful, she looks like she is wearing a silver fox jacket -beautiful neck too but, I think should have a single strand of pearls when out on the town

Priscilla is beautiful, she looks like she is wearing a silver fox jacket -beautiful neck too but, I think should have a single strand of pearls when out on the town
Thanks Diva, I just love her.

I think we may have found your house chicken!
wink.png

I have been hatching mutt babies from my SQ Paint SG rooster...and two different hens, an orange NN turken, and a FBCM. All but two babies (19 total) are white with black polka dots, that boy must have some strong genes! The babies are about half fully feathered, half with no feathers on the neck---some more pink skinned, some really black skinned....these pics were when they were hatched and most are nearly all black skinned now. Five toes, pretty cute. I did get two solid black showgirls, everything proper out of the hatches, a little pink skin at first but now solid black..(one from each mom??). Interesting , huh? Here are a few pics.

I have SQ white silkies growing out for him to mate with ...waiting to see how many girls. In the meantime, these are some fun babies to keep us busy :)

Proud papa :

Last edited:
i dont think there is such thing a paint split 
dont breeed him to a splash hen
if u dont like the rooster i wouldnt breed to him unless he only paint u can find
He is an excellent rooster and that's why I keep him around, he is not horrible quality just not as fluffy as I like them and he is the only pure Silkie roo I have at the momment. What is wrong with breeding him to a splash?

Nothing. Will just give you odd colors. I think he is beautiful!

I love showgirls with the slicked back hair like that. It makes it easier to pick out the roos early.

I had a black roo over partridge and white hens and I was looking at hens tonight and one is going to be a splash showgirl. Mostly I get partriges black and white this was my first blue or splash.

HI All!!

I want to join your thread. I love my showgirl and need more!! I am looking for nice full fluffy ones and would prefer not white or at lest not all white anyone have hatching eggs??. Here is my favorite hen she is a black bowtie non bearded. Sorry its a bad pic, I just realized I need more adult pics of her.

We have hatching eggs from our Paint Showgirl pen up in Chicken Hatching eggs.

Hi, again! Sorry it's been awhile since I've been here, but I've been horribly busy this summer and since I don't have any showgirls YET, I figured it's one less forum to keep on top of.
tongue.png
Anowhozit.... I'm totally in the market for some eggs, but may VERY WELL consider POL or close to it if anyone has any they're willing to ship to Wisconsin after this heat wave. I'm open to a wide variety of colors, my only request is NNNNOOOOOO PARTRIDGE!! LOL! I just slipped a dozen silkie eggs in the incubator and the colors are red over red & buff, splash, gray, porcelean, black over paint, and paint over paint. Please send me a PM vs here, as I don't always check all the groups daily, but ck my PM's as soon as I get on and see them. (daily) Thank you bunches!

Back
Top Bottom