Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

Paint showgirl grow outs from my own birds!

HI there. I am in Canada. Very excited to find this thread :) I have 2 showgirls, a pullet (silver partridge) and cockerel (partridge), just under 6 months. They are hatched from eggs from a White Showgirl roo over a partridge silkie hen. I ended up with the 2 show girls and 4 beautiful white bearded silkies from that batch of eggs. Can someone tell me if those white silkies will have bare neck gene? I plan to put my one show girl in with all the white silkies, not sure if I should add in the partridge SG cockerel though?
Here is a picture of "Marge" but for some reason I just call her "Schmoopy"
tongue.png
she is so cute and talkative and snuggly. I'm so glad I have them as much as people seem to think they are odd or ugly :(

Her fuzzy bum ;)

Below is a side shot of the cockerel. More orange.

She is so sweet, I am really liking this pretty lady! I have one that is the same coloring exactly, but no beard :( I super love her though, her hairdo is so crazy I can't see her eyes, will try to get a pic. She is going in with my paint roo in the Spring, along with a black frizzle, and a pretty white silkie to get some babies ! My paint roo throws nearly all paint babies though, he has been with my partridge colored NN turken, and every single baby is paint, so not sure if he will allow any partridge colored babies to get through with my partridge SG. Can't wait to find out :D

Back
Top Bottom