Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

Nice birds! I don't think I've ever seen a beard that full on a showgirl. They're almost addictive, aren't they? The naked neck gene is dominant, so if it isn't expressed, it isn't there. The silkies should not carry the gene.

Last edited:
Nice birds!  I don't think I've ever seen a beard that full on a showgirl.  They're almost addictive, aren't they?  The naked neck gene is dominant, so if it isn't expressed, it isn't there.  The silkies should not carry the gene.  

That is good to know! My babies from my paint SG roo and my NN Turken mama are about half naked necked, half are not, I was wondering about this. Glad you posted the info.

Last edited:
I just wanted to tell everyone that Showgirls are up for recognition at the knoxville nationals this year!

If you are semi close and have EVER thought about showing, bring your birds! We need numbers to get as many colors as possible recognised, as its a pain after this , and they need 25 of each type ( color bearded, color nonbearded, etc) to be accepted. that is a LOT of showgirls!

i know they are short on blue and black
i wish i could go! i have a blue, black, and 2 whites if anyone is in MN or WI and would like to borrow them for the show contact me!

Hi All,

I'm new to Showgirls and had a beautiful pair of Blacks, but lost the cock-bird today. Do any of you have a replacement I could purchase? I live in the Texas panhandle so would need him shipped here.

Thanks,
Russell

Back
Top Bottom