Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

Quote: Yep that's one of Jeansrie's.Your splash girls are gorgeous! Nice looking boy too, do you know how much he weighs? A couple of my boys turned out really big. One is 57 ounces and another is 50 oz. I'm keeping the 50 oz one cause he's really sweet and I like him lol.

I am actually re-homing the showgirl cockerel today. This is what he looks like now. I really like him, but I've decided to keep a splash silkie boy and put him over my 2 showgirl pullets for more SGs. I'll keep a couple of nice SG cockerels from the babies to use over some silkie pullets.

This is the cockerel I'm keeping for my small breeding program. I think he's my nicest looking cockerel out of the bunch. They're about 5 months old. He's a little overweight (42 oz), but I'm going to put him over a dark blue pullet and 2 splash SG pullets that are the correct weight so I'm hoping to get some nice babies from them once they start laying.

I'd like to get another bbs cockerel if I can find one close to me. A nice small boy so I can put him over a light blue pullet I have that is a bit of a fatty weighing in at 36 oz. Maybe she'll grow streamers for me and start crowing. That would be a good thing
smile.png

I can't ever get good pics of the girls, but the boys love to pose for me lol. This is what the girls do
hmm.png

I'm happy to have gotten a good silkie pair and a couple of nice showgirl pullets to put under my silkie boy. I'm not sure if I can convince my husband to drive 3 hours again to pick up more chicks. He hated that long drive.
sad.png

Adorable, I will have to weigh my Silkie boy. He has a little bit more to grow. My Splash Showgirl has a great bow tie but no beard, only mutton chops.
I will have a hard time Saturday in Shawnee. Both OK Betsy and Jeansrie are bringing birds to sell!

Adorable, I will have to weigh my Silkie boy. He has a little bit more to grow. My Splash Showgirl has a great bow tie but no beard, only mutton chops.
I will have a hard time Saturday in Shawnee. Both OK Betsy and Jeansrie are bringing birds to sell!

Yeah, I wish I could make it to shawnee since it's not too far from me, but my husband is working till 4. What time is the show over?

Just hatched 3! Can anyone tell me what a stripper is? I'm hearing that a lot of people want these? Both parents are showgirls and will always produce showgirls? I thought they would get nakeder and nakeder? And is this a new growing trend to have featherless chickens with no feathers at all? Like the hairless cats and dogs?

Just hatched 3! Can anyone tell me what a stripper is? I'm hearing that a lot of people want these? Both parents are showgirls and will always produce showgirls? I thought they would get nakeder and nakeder? And is this a new growing trend to have featherless chickens with no feathers at all? Like the hairless cats and dogs?
maybe its a different gene they found, but yea from what ive heard it just makes them naked-er, kinda like a frazzle, i think it would just be torcher to the bird

maybe its a different gene they found, but yea from what ive heard it just makes them naked-er, kinda like a frazzle, i think it would just be torcher to the bird
nope. You don't want to breed clean necked to clean necked ( strippers) you want to breed clean necked to silkie and bowtie. This way you get all showgirls, both clean and bow tied. You DO want to keep an eye on the genetic combos and make sure you don't end up with a pair that create very bare chicks, but that will be pair by pair, not gene by gene.

Back
Top Bottom