Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

nope. You don't want to breed clean necked to clean necked ( strippers) you want to breed clean necked to silkie and bowtie. This way you get all showgirls, both clean and bow tied. You DO want to keep an eye on the genetic combos and make sure you don't end up with a pair that create very bare chicks, but that will be pair by pair, not gene by gene.
I am not saying that breeding naked neck to naked neck (regardless of bowtie) is okay. I was just addressing someone's inquiry on a gene.

I would love to buy fertile eggs from you. Do you sell eggs or chicks? I have a small flock of chickens on a 10 acre mini farm. My children are members of FFA at their school and would love to have showgirls for the county fair.
Thanks,
Sara Garcia

I would love to buy fertile eggs from you. Do you sell eggs or chicks? I have a small flock of chickens on a 10 acre mini farm. My children are members of FFA at their school and would love to have showgirls for the county fair.
Thanks,
Sara Garcia

I don't sell eggs or chicks sorry
hmm.png

These are my first and I want to work on improving them for a generation or two. My cockerel isn't even mating the girls even though they've been laying for a couple of weeks. I don't think I could ship them either way since I am not NPIP certified yet. Now, if you are in Oklahoma I would be happy to help
smile.png

Anyone out there have a clean (minimal/no leakage) blue SG roo they'd like to rehome? I like beards and bow ties, and would consider black as well. I'm in TN, so shipping would be needed if not local.
Or, could someone at least point me in the direction of a breeder that might have one? I'm not having much luck looking locally :hit

Back
Top Bottom