Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

Pics
Quote:
Yes,.. but it's a little more complicated than that. It's not like most of the other colors where the skin color can be corrected in a few generations. Cuckoo is linked to pink skin, in some way, genetically. Sonoran could explain it better. In fact, people who raise cuckoo have been called crazy in the past and have been told there is no way, genetically, to get dark skin on a cuckoo bird. Although I am not sure how, Calesta has worked through this. The question, however, will be if dark skinned cuckoos can be produced with any regularity.

they where lot like that with showgirls

Quote:
Do you know how to contact her? I have blue/black/white (one splash and one red...lol) I have been looking for someone with other colors.I'd love to have some buffs,cuckoo,lavendersEven if I could get just a few eggs.My daughters love being able to play with the Showgirls and they love to flock around them.

Quote:
Yes,.. but it's a little more complicated than that. It's not like most of the other colors where the skin color can be corrected in a few generations. Cuckoo is linked to pink skin, in some way, genetically. Sonoran could explain it better. In fact, people who raise cuckoo have been called crazy in the past and have been told there is no way, genetically, to get dark skin on a cuckoo bird. Although I am not sure how, Calesta has worked through this. The question, however, will be if dark skinned cuckoos can be produced with any regularity.

they where lot like that with showgirls

Not like this. Ask Sonoran,,. the cuckoo color and the pink skin are genetically linked and it has been said they cannot be separated.

She only raises buffs and whites. She raises quality exhibition stock. A white silkie pullet of hers got BB at Stockton. I will see if I can track down her email to post.

Quote:
I was going to start a project of my own to try to make mottled and cuckoo silkies. I was told to use Bantam Cochins since they are similar to the silkies. I am not good with genetic but others here are and will help you as much as they can. I found eggs on Ebay for $15 and bought them so on the cuckoo I have decided to take the east route and work on bettering an already started bird.

thanks for the info

OMGosh I have movement in 2 of the showgirl eggs. I did not keep them out to candle very well at lockdown but I did see movement on those 2 on the quick candle. Keep you finger crossed please this has been a long wait for me.

Okey Dokey, crossing the fingers, toes, and other digits.
smile.png

Thanks guys nothing yet although I do have one silkie egg pipped. The showgirl eggs are pullet eggs and I took 3 go into lockdown 2 of which are small. One from my Ferguson splash and 2 from the blue pullet. I have 12 more larger eggs going into lock down on the 12th and so far I have not lost any of those. This has been a long wait for me and I have wanted Showgirls for years and now I may have SG babies. I am very excited to say the least. I can't wait for Gaga to start laying but I am positive my Edward will make some pretty babies.

Back
Top Bottom