Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

Pics
Quote:
u almost need do both to get nice showgirls

i hope have buffs soon have 2 cockerl showgirls need get buff silkies hens

What do you mean?

u well get ur best showgirls out of showgirl to silkie breedings
showgirl is fancy name for naked neck silkies

Quote:
I have a showgirl roo that color. the person hatched him out of ebay eggs. the only one to hatch. I have been calling him columbian. did not know anyone else would have one. really cool.

Quote:
I was told buff + Lav made the columbian coloring.

oh my. I have a buff silkie hen and a lav silkie hen. what would I get from those crosses?

u could get lot mess lol

Quote:
oh my. I have a buff silkie hen and a lav silkie hen. what would I get from those crosses?

u could get lot mess lol

what color are you going to use? I have black,white, splash,and grey too.

Quote:
u could get lot mess lol

what color are you going to use? I have black,white, splash,and grey too.

not shure yet
dose that comb look sing to u or red or non bearded a B3424 from silkie page told me he looked like mutt ive seen it it not single or red

barnie.gif
okay it is impossible to tell the age of a showgirl at a month old RIGHT? Ive been posting about my poor cripple chick and im thinking of spending a large chunk of change to save the leg, but people are saying it looks rooish...i cant keep a roo!

either way...they ALL look like this to me, so i cant imagine we can tell gender yet, right? here they are. make me feel better experts! tell me it is wayyyy too soon!

(cant remember if i posted these pics or not...sorry)

photo82.jpg

photo85.jpg

photo80.jpg

zyy.jpg

photo87.jpg

Ok, Mr or Mrs Dales, time for some reality. I'm no expert, but obviously you are a bit more wet behind the ears than I. Your advice is repeated at best, and just plain wrong at worst.

In some lines, showgirls have gotten to the point where showgirl to silkie breeding is not required to keep the quality of the showgirls. Sheryl Butler has many quality homozygous showgirls, which she prefers the looks of (they have big crests, nice fluff, very attractive birds).

While I think it's great that you're here, and you are interested in showgirls,... you come on and make claims about 'drama in the silkie world' yet I wonder if you are even a member of the ASBC? I find the drama in silkies to be less than some clubs (ie orpington or wyandottes), and you will meet many, many quality helpful breeders.

I think having both silkies and showgirls in one specific color is a good way to start and decide what you prefer. Whites are probably the easiest color to find decent showgirls in.

I'm not an expert, but I can call and ask people who do know, if I don't know through either experience or prior conversations from breeders with more time in the hobby.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom