Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

Pics
Hey guys! Sorry I have been MIA for a while. I just finished my first trimester of pregnancy a few weeks ago and am finally feeling better enough to be back on here! Anyways...I have about 20 pages to catch up on but wanted to say hi!
frow.gif

Thanks! I am super excited!
big_smile.png
I need to give some baths and take some new pics of my showgirls! All of last years babies are looking great and breeding!

Any show girl breeders in the Mid-west??? My friend Arline is looking for a showgirl pullet. She is experienced with chickens but, doesn't have a computer so

I do the 'legwork' for her on BYC. She would need someone that will ship, as she doesn't have a car. Arline is in Countryside, IL a suburb of Chicago.

Either contact me, or please provide mailing info, so Arline can get in touch with you. Thank you all for reading this.

Quote:
I have several light colored chicks like yours and some Blues and Blacks. Here's a picture of some of the chicks I'm producing.The photo flash did wash the color out they are actually darker than they show in the pic I'm getting both Silkies and Showgirls.

67762_mvc-001f-5.jpg

Suz

Quote:
I have several light colored chicks like yours and some Blues and Blacks. Here's a picture of some of the chicks I'm producing.The photo flash did wash the color out they are actually darker than they show in the pic I'm getting both Silkies and Showgirls.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/67762_mvc-001f-5.jpg

Suz

And this is a picture of my lastest hatching of white Showgirls. Some are bearded, some are not. Have both bowties and naked necks and all are very very fluffy. I'm pleased.

67762_mvc-002f-4.jpg

Quote:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/67762_mvc-001f-5.jpg

Suz

And this is a picture of my lastest hatching of white Showgirls. Some are bearded, some are not. Have both bowties and naked necks and all are very very fluffy. I'm pleased.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/67762_mvc-002f-4.jpg

the thing about showgirls is some time there geneticly have beard but dont have one due to naked ness

Okay, so we're waiting 'til Fall to get some awesome showgirls and silkies-- but in the meantime I got a single showgirl chick (pet quality) to keep my daughter busy. She is so excited she can hardly stand it and that is so rewarding for me to watch.

Now we need a NAME! What are your favorites?

Tisha,
Gaga is SOOOO fitting but my daughter doesn't like it because "Lady Gaga is so gross!"
barnie.gif

I should be painting doors but...instead I'm doing a photo shoot! This chick has got to be the most adorable thing I have seen in my life!
love.gif
Fall now seems like ETERNITY!!!!

25108_easter_chick_018.jpg

25108_easter_chick_019.jpg

Meeting "Buddy" my daughter's other "project" to keep her busy! (Buddy was born fine but must have gotten sat on in the brooder. He appears to have spraddle leg. She's been working with him and he's a little better. Looks like he'll be staying with us as she holds him all day long! I tease her by calling her "Fern."
25108_easter_chick_013.jpg

Back
Top Bottom