Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

WOW, jlynn! Those are beautiful birds! How in the world do they stay so clean??? Mine find every way possible to drag some dirt over their feet and into their "headdresses"!

I am so super excited! My very first hatch from my own SG's! A teeny black chick hatched out yesterday. I will get pix as soon as s/he is out of the 'bator. Kinda cute...I had 2 SG eggs in with a bunch of guineas, so this little one sure looks funny next to those keets. Of course, s/he is already bossing them around and they aren't even 12 hours old yet....
gig.gif
Still waiting on that second SG and 2 more guinea eggs to hatch...
fl.gif

Beautiful!! I believe I have two of your babies, and they are looking good so far. One bearded and bowtied SG, and one Silkie.
Debbi, Glad to hear they are doing well. Some of the eggs came from my pullet pen and that is how you got a silkie. The cockerel is bearded/bowtie and also one of the pullets. I just had my first Silkie hatch from showgirls, Just one, the others four are SG's. Still have 13 eggs to go.
love.gif

I have had a REALLY slow year of hatching so far which is why I haven't been on here much, but just ordered a new Brinsea Octagon so hopefully things will turn around soon! I am growing out two black split showgirls so far but hope to have a TON more soon! Here is one of the two little ones in the vulture phase
big_smile.png

Okay, so I've contacted several of you individually but haven't had much luck so I'm going to address the whole group.

I'm near Houston, TX. I'd like a couple of showgirls. Pet quality is fine because our HOA will not allow us to breed. We like white, black, blue, and CUCKOO. We sold our incubator and cannot justify the expense of buying one for a couple of birds so I am in need of chicks, not eggs. Is there ANYONE out there willing to sell me a few day old chicks? I shipped day-olds weekly when we bred and it was VERY easy to do! I know that most of the SG breeders wait to see the quality of the birds before selling, but again, we just want a couple of cute pets. They don't have to be perfect. Please let me know if you or anyone you know will ship some babies or is close to Houston for pickup. Also looking for a frizzle polish for fun! Thanks so much!

Basketball is gorgeous! And I love the name
gig.gif

I hope that you find some chickies, Julie...I wish that I could help you out. I'm just getting started (hatched out my first SG from my own flock last week!) and I know how tough it can be to find birds. Have you placed a WANTED ad in the For Sale/Wanted section? I had great success with that in starting my flock. Keep us posted and PIX when you find your babies!
celebrate.gif

Sorry Julie...I wish I had some for you. Like I posted though this has been a really rough year for me. I have only hatched two and will be keeping them. My new incubator should be here soon so fingers crossed. I did just put 7 eggs in my Brinsea Mini last night, but can't wait to fit a full batch again so I don't have to waste a whole bottle of vaccine on 7 or less chicks
he.gif

If you are in TX have you tried BrenTX (Brenda of Birds of Paradise) Or FowlRus? Hope you find some soon!

Back
Top Bottom