Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

Beautiful birds! Basketball has quite a handsome family!

I'm just getting started and have an adult black SG pair that are laying - I've hatched out one and it's DARLING. I have white SG's ranging in age from 2 months to 4 months and silkies (same age range) of all different colors. I have a partridge Silkie hen and a Cuckoo Silkie rooster...how would you recommend pairing up these SG/Silkies to get some partridge and cuckoo SG's??? The only one laying is the Black SG hen, but I do have alot of crowing going on!
gig.gif
Partridge on black? on white? Cuckoo on black? white? ...and I have another Cuckoo of the same age but not sure what it is ....hoping for a hen! Oh! And a gray Silkie roo to add to the mix... Just looking for some fun SG colors while maintaining quality...

Okay, so I've contacted several of you individually but haven't had much luck so I'm going to address the whole group.
I may be able to help you...I've never shipped chicks before (only eggs) but I'm willing to give it a try! PM me and we can talk. I mostly have white showgirls but I do get splash and buff thrown in there too. I am hatching every tuesday for the next couple months.

And one of Basketball's sister....
Oh! I see Speckleds! :) I have Silkies and Showgirls and Speckleds! I see rabbits in your avitar, do you show? I would be interested in staying in contact to swap some birds if you're interested!
big_smile.png
I live in Michigan but travel to PA to PASRBA every feb and a friend of mine from down there comes to michigan all the time too. (actually she'll be here in 3 wks to visit!)

I thought I'd share a picture of my first (and only) showgirl. I bought six, shipped paint showgirl eggs and two hatched. One showgirl and one silkie, neither one of them paint.
hmm.png
I'm not complaining mind you, I understand the genetics are the luck of the draw. I really only wanted these guys to have a couple walking around. But I just LOVE them!!!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

This photo was from the day he/she hatched.

This was taken today when they moved from the workshop brooder to the indoor shed pen.

Deb

Will be driving from Houston, Texas to Summersville Missouri. WOULD love to bring a couple of showgirl chicks home with me. If anyone out there has bearded white, black, blue, or cuckoo showgirl chicks that I could pick up on the way home (Missouri, Arkansas, Texas) PLEASE contact me immediately!

Back
Top Bottom