Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

jlynn
Like your avatar pic.Just hatched out 6 showgirl chicks over the weekend and only one has the totally bare neck and he/she is my favorite.Do you breed your showgirl totally naked neck to totally naked neck?I prefer the totally naked neck showgirls.

Thought I'd share some of the SG pictures I snapped today while taking care of the critters :)
one of my roo's from this years spring hatches...

my daughter and one of our pullets named "Q-tip"

another Roo..along with some silkies

selling these too roosters. Less then a year old...$10 each located in Michigan, nothing wrong with them they're just not exactly what I personally want for my own flock.
white roo...hates kids

blue rooster...he wouldn't hold still long enough for a good picture...notice the black hen in the background doing a photo bomb? LOL

jlynn
Like your avatar pic.Just hatched out 6 showgirl chicks over the weekend and only one has the totally bare neck and he/she is my favorite.Do you breed your showgirl totally naked neck to totally naked neck?I prefer the totally naked neck showgirls.
Sounds like you have quite a few showgirls now! :)

jlynn
I have only a two clean NN hens they are with a bearded/bowtie roo. I breed my clean neck roo to all my bearded NN hens. Haven't tried the clean NN to NN yet. maybe will do some of that next spring, when my two young clean NN are old enough to breed.

sure nice to see all the pictures.

Here are some of my 2012 hatch. I kept about two dozen chicks this year. some I will keep but, I can not keep them all. my space is limited for the winter. the ages are 3 months and younger. This is my baby pen. there is 4 silkie pullets that i picked up a the fair and the spring show in with them.

This is one of the young clean necked showgirl the other one is only two weeks old and still in the hatch-ling hutch with about eleven other SG chicks.

it was a good year for me.

Here are some of my 2012 hatch. I kept about two dozen chicks this year. some I will keep but, I can not keep them all. my space is limited for the winter. the ages are 3 months and younger. This is my baby pen. there is 4 silkie pullets that i picked up a the fair and the spring show in with them.

This is one of the young clean necked showgirl the other one is only two weeks old and still in the hatch-ling hutch with about eleven other SG chicks.

it was a good year for me.
I am so jelous right now! Can't wait until I'm getting birds like this! And my poor poor DH... having to build coops for them all...
yesss.gif

Some of the hens have started laying again so if anyone is interested in eggs please PM me, I am through hatching for the year. I am getting four and five eggs a day. some from each pen. (1) Naked neck Roo on bearded hens and pen (2), is a Bearded Roo on clean necked hens. above postings show may young hachlings.
smile.png

My first showgirls and silkie!!! Just wanted to share.

Here they are...my 7 sins.

Envy ... Showgirl (only one with strips)

Lust ... Showgirl (Only silver)

Gluttony ... Showgirl (this is the one that came out with the bloated stomach. Yes she likes to sleep like that! She is just as active as the others, thankfully and doing just fine.)

Pride ... Showgirl ( Tallest chick)

Wrath,,, Showgirl ( she actually has little spiky feathers and vaulted head)

Sloth ... Showgirl ( Always sleeping. Fits her perfectly)

Greedy ... Silkie ( Greedy one has all the feathers.)

Last edited:
JDchicks What a fun idea. "Seven Sins" makes for a independent movie title. ha ha And they look like so much cuteness and beauty. What funt to see them grow up together ! Lucky you

Back
Top Bottom