Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

this is our crookneck showgirl angel. she is playing with china our chinese crested and her best friend. dont they just make the cutest friends? :)

Does your showgirl have wry neck? That's very common in silkies so I would imagine it to follow thru to showgirls. There is a nutritional regimen to follow that can help with the problem. Sometimes even prednisone treatment. Have you searched "wry neck,"on BYC. I'm sure there is lots of info.

she has been getting treated since the begining of September. she has improved slightly but at this point i think it is just something we will have to live with. i believe it happened due to a hard peck to the top of her head. she was very determined to cuddle with our broody hen and the hen did not like it and really let her have it. the next morning i found her like this and started treatment. now she does still twist her neck but its limited to a short time when she gets excited or stressed. she does have the ability to hold her neck straight and can feed, water and groom herself just fine. but due to her issue she get special treatment like getting to watch tv and get pampered each and every day. :D

Hey how's everyone doing?
Well I hatched out 4 showgirls a little over a month or so ago and they are doing really good, they are losing their down and starting to get some nice fluffy white feathering in, I noticed only 2 out of the 4 are naked neck and the others have slight feathering over their necks, I can't wait for them to get bigger, they sure can make a lot of noise for being so little lol

this is our crookneck showgirl angel. she is playing with china our chinese crested and her best friend. dont they just make the cutest friends?
smile.png
So sorry she is having an issue but she is very pretty. I was wondering how they turned out. Out of the ones I got from you, I still have 2 that have me guessing. 1 of the blues that I thought was a girl, I think it's a boy. It's a lot taller than my girls and his comb and wattles have turned mulberry colored, haven't heard it crow yet though. I now have 23 silkies and 1 ameraucana hen. I am gonna have to build another coop in the spring. I have a pq blue roo and a red roo I need to find a home if you know anyone that might want them. My boys have finally started breeding so I should have fertile eggs soon to try my luck and see what I get. I will let you know what I end up with if you want any of them. Hope the rest of your chickens are doing good.

hi mamma2silkies. i thought about you the other day when looking at craigslist. seen a listing for a single black silkie hen. i ended up getting it but its not a true black. has some blue and even a few partrage featheres here and there. we are also planning to build some new coops in the spring and breeding pens. yesterday i just added a light in our coop on a timer. we are very excited for sping to arrive so we can start hatching out some babies.

hi mamma2silkies. i thought about you the other day when looking at craigslist. seen a listing for a single black silkie hen. i ended up getting it but its not a true black. has some blue and even a few partrage featheres here and there. we are also planning to build some new coops in the spring and breeding pens. yesterday i just added a light in our coop on a timer. we are very excited for sping to arrive so we can start hatching out some babies.
I have 4 black girls, nice black girls. I will try to post a few pictures later. I don't have a black roo but I do have a blue one. My boys have just starting breeding my girls so we'll see what happens. I might let them hatch some over the winter and bring them inside after they hatch, not sure yet. My kids are liking the eggs they are getting to eat right now. Who knows though. I have some girls that I need to rehome, they are pq but I do have some girls that are really really nice. I just don't want to re home them until I see how they turn out. I will stay in touch, might want a showgirl or 2 next year.

Here is one of the blue silkies I got from you. I call it Boo. I believe it is a he, very nice crest but it is 1 of the single combs but I was going to try and use him and breed it out, he is to nice not to try.

Same silkie and the dark partridge girl from you to. Love this birds.

Back
Top Bottom