Sick 3weeks to 6weeks chicks

Unfortunately, I don't know enough to suggest anything further.

@azygous @Eggcessive
Do you have any ideas in this case?
They've already tried corid, and the latest update seems to rule out coccidiosis and parasites:
I lost 2 more today and 7 isolated showing symptoms. Am a microbiologist do did a necropsy study with fecal float under a scope and a look at all organs. Couldn’t detect oocysts on slide. Looked all ok internally as to worms etc.. now what?

This is a long shot but… can you remove them form environment that they are in and I mean completely. Different room (building/shed/ garage) different brooder ,different dishes ,different bedding different bag of food, different water (bottles maybe) maybe just maybe they are ingesting something and removing them completely will give them chance to recover.

I lost 2 more today and 7 isolated showing symptoms. Am a microbiologist do did a necropsy study with fecal float under a scope and a look at all organs. Couldn’t detect oocysts on slide. Looked all ok internally as to worms etc.. now what?
What are their symptoms?
I think you should separate the healthy ones

I’m so sorry. I’m replying to your post to bump it up and hopefully someone with more experience or knowledge responds. It is devastating watching them perish unable to help.
This is what I give to all my animals (cats ,dogs, chickens, horses…) it’s capsules that I open and mix with food or drink. It works wonders for stomach issues but your description tells me that something more serious is going on .View attachment 3500920
I have the same type of box these works best for chickens

This is a long shot but… can you remove them form environment that they are in and I mean completely. Different room (building/shed/ garage) different brooder ,different dishes ,different bedding different bag of food, different water (bottles maybe) maybe just maybe they are ingesting something and removing them completely will give them chance to recover.
And disinfect what ever you can’t replace right now(heat source ).

The symptoms all point to coccidiosis with bacterial infection causing necrotic enteritis. The bloody stools and the unfortunate multiple deaths point to this. A sulfa antibiotic should be given to treat the enteritis. Be aware, though, serious damage to the intestinal lining may have already happened and this would be irreversible.

You can find sulfa at pigeon supply shops or perhaps pet stores.

You can try giving each chick a drench dose of undiluted Corid. Syringe about .1ml to .2ml into each chick once a day for three days in addition to the Corid water. Be sure you mix it correctly at 2 teaspoons Corid to one gallon water.

I am not quick to rule out cocciciosis. The fecal float you did may just not have shown the oocysts. The symptoms are just too overwhelmingly those of a very serious coccidiosis infection plus enteritis from inflammation and bacteria.

You need to shake trees and beat the bushes to find a sulfa antibiotic. Call a vet and offer to sell them your first born for a prescription. It may be the only way to save the rest of your chicks.

The symptoms all point to coccidiosis with bacterial infection causing necrotic enteritis. The bloody stools and the unfortunate multiple deaths point to this. A sulfa antibiotic should be given to treat the enteritis. Be aware, though, serious damage to the intestinal lining may have already happened and this would be irreversible.

You can try giving each chick a drench dose of undiluted Corid. Syringe about .1ml to .2ml into each chick once a day for three days in addition to the Corid water. Be sure you mix it correctly at 2 teaspoons Corid to one gallon water.

I am not quick to rule out cocciciosis. The fecal float you did may just not have shown the oocysts. The symptoms are just too overwhelmingly those of a very serious coccidiosis infection plus enteritis from inflammation and bacteria.

You need to shake trees and beat the bushes to find a sulfa antibiotic. Call a vet and offer to sell them your first born for a prescription. It may be the only way to save the rest of your chicks.
Totally agreed even sometimes there’s no bloody poops there’s a lot of lining and mucus or seeds or water loose droppings
I face this a lot in past with my kids until you recommended me to use pre-pro with enzymes and it completely vanished even they never developed lining stuff once I started giving probiotics with enzymes

Finally someone!!!! This sounds like a plan!!

Update? How are they doing?
I have lost quite a few. It’s heartbreaking. The last 3 days I’ve seen much improvement with my isolated and no red poop and more solid. Eating and drinking well. Had one today in the clean coop exhibit signs so I pulled her into isolation. Puffed up but no bloody poop and eating drinking well. Hopefully I may have conquered this awfulness. When do I put them all back together again? They are all still on Corid. I am so afraid but there have been so many isolated in large dog carriers and they need some exercise.

Back
Top Bottom