Sick 3weeks to 6weeks chicks

Shelldchick

Chirping
Jan 10, 2021
Hello,
My girls are on medicated feed and today one of my 3 week Rhode Island was sitting, fell over and died. Tonight my Mille fleur did the same thing but spread out its wings then died. I have a serama, golden Wyandotte 1 month old and a white 6 week old silky doing the same thing.
They sit hunched with puffed out feathers, diarrhea no blood or mucus watery brown or clearish, look at food but don’t eat. Drink water and just stare. What is happening here? Please help. There are 21 others with them in a 14 foot x 7 ft area enclosed and temp regulated which include expensive silkies, Ayam, lavender etc….Clean water..

Hello,
My girls are on medicated feed and today one of my 3 week Rhode Island was sitting, fell over and died. Tonight my Mille fleur did the same thing but spread out its wings then died. I have a serama, golden Wyandotte 1 month old and a white 6 week old silky doing the same thing.
They sit hunched with puffed out feathers, diarrhea no blood or mucus watery brown or clearish, look at food but don’t eat. Drink water and just stare. What is happening here? Please help. There are 21 others with them in a 14 foot x 7 ft area enclosed and temp regulated which include expensive silkies, Ayam, lavender etc….Clean water..
Okay, first are there any changes you made in the last week? Introduced something new into their environment? Feed, water, treats, toys , dirt …? Are they in contact with other animals ? Think. It must be something. I don’t know about everyone else but l stop feeding medicated by the 3 week mark. Medicated is just to give them protection until they develop their own.

Okay, first are there any changes you made in the last week? Introduced something new into their environment? Feed, water, treats, toys , dirt …? Are they in contact with other animals ? Think. It must be something. I don’t know about everyone else but l stop feeding medicated by the 3 week mark. Medicated is just to give them protection until they develop their own.
Nothing new. Same environment all same feed water etc

I now have 8 chicks with the lethargic fluffed bloody stool. Please let me know what all to give. These are my seramas

Attachments

• 43DB463F-4AA9-4F19-8BFD-83B3337C631A.jpeg
    43DB463F-4AA9-4F19-8BFD-83B3337C631A.jpeg
    504.4 KB · Views: 7
  • C4A6B2A7-8DA4-4FAC-B44B-8D2459FA1329.jpeg
    C4A6B2A7-8DA4-4FAC-B44B-8D2459FA1329.jpeg
    858.5 KB · Views: 8
  • EB6E4D56-3FAE-4789-930D-CEC9B6B22CA9.jpeg
    EB6E4D56-3FAE-4789-930D-CEC9B6B22CA9.jpeg
    806.7 KB · Views: 7
  • BC0154C7-E28D-4DE8-98CF-DEFB774ACFF7.jpeg
    BC0154C7-E28D-4DE8-98CF-DEFB774ACFF7.jpeg
    605.5 KB · Views: 7
Ooh, They really look sad. I’m very sorry I can’t help you.

Why? Could you diagnose what is wrong?
@Eggcessive?
Im sorry I can’t diagnose anything I’m not a vet but have chickens for 40 plus years. all I have is years behind me, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t no matter what you do. Start from the usual suspects and simplest to treat. If you going to give them Corid chicks HAVE to be OFF the medicate feed. (One neutralizes the other). Corid treats coccidia most common and easiest to treat. If you have a flock that should be the staple in (chicken) emergency kit . ACV is also helpful . Probiotic mixed with yogurt could help …

Im sorry I can’t diagnose anything I’m not a vet but have chickens for 40 plus years. all I have is years behind me, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t no matter what you do. Start from the usual suspects and simplest to treat. If you going to give them Corid chicks HAVE to be OFF the medicate feed. (One neutralizes the other). Corid treats coccidia most common and easiest to treat. If you have a flock that should be the staple in (chicken) emergency kit . ACV is also helpful . Probiotic mixed with yogurt could help …
I’m so sorry, they look miserable.

Back
Top Bottom