Sick 3weeks to 6weeks chicks

I have lost quite a few. It’s heartbreaking. The last 3 days I’ve seen much improvement with my isolated and no red poop and more solid. Eating and drinking well. Had one today in the clean coop exhibit signs so I pulled her into isolation. Puffed up but no bloody poop and eating drinking well. Hopefully I may have conquered this awfulness. When do I put them all back together again? They are all still on Corid. I am so afraid but there have been so many isolated in large dog carriers and they need some exercise.
so sorry, keep them separated as long as they are symptomatic .

It’s stressful for the chicks if its crowded. During the evening and night thats no problem but during the day they should have space to explore and walk around.

Is there a way you can give them some extra (supervised) outdoor space for an hour each day? At least when the weather is fine? A simple construction with wired panels is fine. In the past I used wired panels for a compost/leave container and rabbit run panels to give my chicks extra space.

I think it will help to the chicks to get stronger and healthier. If the chicks start to peep they get cold and its time to go inside.
image_1_141206.jpg

44505_PLA_Trixie_Jungtiergehege_6_Eck_mit_Schutznetz_4.jpg

When do I put them all back together again? They are all still on Corid. I am so afraid but there have been so many isolated in large dog carriers and they need some exercise.
It might make sense to keep the sickest ones separate so you can monitor them more easily, but I am not sure there is any reason to keep the others separate. They were all exposed, and they are all still on Corid, so I don't think you really need to worry about them spreading it to each other.

@azygous, is there a reason to keep them separated at this point, that I missed?

Totally agreed even sometimes there’s no bloody poops there’s a lot of lining and mucus or seeds or water loose droppings
I face this a lot in past with my kids until you recommended me to use pre-pro with enzymes and it completely vanished even they never developed lining stuff once I started giving probiotics with enzymes
I’ve got a new problem now. I have raised chickens for years and have never had any of this happened to me. So. All of my remaining isolated checks seem to be faring OK. My non-symptomatic coupe they are doing OK also within my non-symptomatic coop there is a show silky who is developed goopy eyes my other show silky who has been in quarantine for 11 days now also has goopy eyes what in the world is going on here? I hear no rattles or running noses. Next step of action, please the two show birds are isolated and now I don’t know what’s going to happen to everyone else. Any advice out there anybody thank you for everyone who’s been helping me!

It might make sense to keep the sickest ones separate so you can monitor them more easily, but I am not sure there is any reason to keep the others separate. They were all exposed, and they are all still on Corid, so I don't think you really need to worry about them spreading it to each other.

@azygous, is there a reason to keep them separated at this point, that I missed?
I separated the sickest ones so I could watch their dropping and other behavior

Back
Top Bottom