Sick baby chicks

MBJackson

Hatching
Oct 27, 2022
We work in a rural area and have adopted some chickens that live at an employee's house around the corner. Momma had a few babies to start with, then went home to sit on eggs and brought back 8 more baby chicks just a few weeks ago. . We started to notice last week most of the babies have some sort of deformity (that have just started the develop over the span of about 2 weeks. Most have only 1 eye, one has a huge growth on one eye, another looks like something red coming out of it's backside. I can't seem to find anything that looks close enough to be sure. We thought maybe fowl pox? Any ideas? How can we help them? Momma and the other 2 grown chickens seem completely fine and unaffected from whatever it is. Photos are attached.

Attachments

• IMG_3130.jpg
    IMG_3130.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3146.jpg
    IMG_3146.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3160.jpg
    IMG_3160.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 5
Welcome To BYC

Where are you located in the world?

It does look Fowl Pox from what I can see. Generally, it will have to run its course. The one with the Pox over its eye, likely the eye is still there, it's just covered with scabbing for now.

I don't see a photo of anything coming out of the backside. Do you have photos of that?
Perhaps it's a prolapsed vent.

Back
Top Bottom