Sick Dutch Bantam Rooster

Langevin

In the Brooder
Mar 13, 2017
Rockwell Texas
We purchased a show pair of Dutch Bantams. The Roo that was very "cocky" has over night become lathargic. Does not seem to be eating or drinking. He has not crowed all day which is something he did often when we brought the pair home. He does not have any drainage or wheezing. He is definitely not the same chicken we bought home a week ago. I have him in the house with his hen in a cage under a heat lamp. I have provided him a water dish with Tylan but he is not drinking. Not even sure Tylan is the correct thing to offer him. I have provided free choice feed. His comb and legs seemed cold when I picked him up before I put him under the heat lamp. His vent is clean. Poo seems soft but I do not see any blood. His hen seems alert and fine and laid an egg this morning. This bird means the world to my 8 year old son and just don't know what to do.

That temperature really shouldn't affect him. Maybe get a syringe and squirt some of that Tylan water in his mouth directly, since he hasn't been drinking.

Back
Top Bottom