Sick Peahen

Infectious Bronchitis

0.jpg

aspergillosis

0.jpg
Poor baby's, thanks for sharing

Any idea what cause this, is it contagious?
He said it could be from the cold, but i forget to ask if she contagious or not, but i don't think its, because the guy who gave me this peahen has kept her with other peafowls for more than a month without having any problems, but i isolated her to be more safe.

You had this happen also?

@casportpony should remember that I sent her a video of a peachick last year that was doing the very same thing. I have brought her in three times and given her Tylan, Penicillin, Amoxicillin, Baytril, Corid, and Safeguard. after the last round of Baytril I thought she had finally kicked the illness but she has started this again. She eats although she is smaller than the rest of the yearlings, probably around 1500 gm. I brought her into the infirmary during the worst part of winter and kept her under a heat lamp with a chicken for company and she seemed to get better so when it began getting warmer I put her back out with the rest of the yearlings. Now she is doing it again, none of the rest of the peas are showing any of the same symptoms.

When I saw Q8's video I sent a text to my vet and asked about respiratory tract infection and her recommendation was Ketofen. I went into her clinic and she had ready for me five syringes preloaded with 0.04ml. The prescription reads, ' 1 -3 mg-kg IM daily up to 3 days as nsaid for pain and inflammation 14 day meat withdrawal. 0.04ml per syringe 5 syringes. For 1500gm bird. Ketofen injection (LA) given/dispensed (1 ea) exp. 3/16.'

I will bring the peachick into the infirmary tomorrow and start the injections and we will see if this finally does the trick.

@casportpony should remember that I sent her a video of a peachick last year that was doing the very same thing. I have brought her in three times and given her Tylan, Penicillin, Amoxicillin, Baytril, Corid, and Safeguard. after the last round of Baytril I thought she had finally kicked the illness but she has started this again. She eats although she is smaller than the rest of the yearlings, probably around 1500 gm. I brought her into the infirmary during the worst part of winter and kept her under a heat lamp with a chicken for company and she seemed to get better so when it began getting warmer I put her back out with the rest of the yearlings. Now she is doing it again, none of the rest of the peas are showing any of the same symptoms.

When I saw Q8's video I sent a text to my vet and asked about respiratory tract infection and her recommendation was Ketofen. I went into her clinic and she had ready for me five syringes preloaded with 0.04ml. The prescription reads, ' 1 -3 mg-kg IM daily up to 3 days as nsaid for pain and inflammation 14 day meat withdrawal. 0.04ml per syringe 5 syringes. For 1500gm bird. Ketofen injection (LA) given/dispensed (1 ea) exp. 3/16.'

I will bring the peachick into the infirmary tomorrow and start the injections and we will see if this finally does the trick.
Thanks for sharing, hopefully she will get better soon.

I have another sick peahen which her tail feathers look like this:

Anyone knows why? Did she just need Vitamins in water?

Also her head looks like this, the vet saw her last week, and i can't remember what he gave her exactly, she starts looking better this week, but i want to be more sure. I am going to the vet in 20 minutes, so if anyone had any suggestions it will be appreciated :)

I have another sick peahen which her tail feathers look like this:

Anyone knows why? Did she just need Vitamins in water?

Also her head looks like this, the vet saw her last week, and i can't remember what he gave her exactly, she starts looking better this week, but i want to be more sure. I am going to the vet in 20 minutes, so if anyone had any suggestions it will be appreciated :)

hugs.gif
Did the vet ever see her? praying she gets better soon, bless you heart you have seen it all in the short time you have had your peas, hang in there
hugs.gif

hugs.gif
Did the vet ever see her? praying she gets better soon, bless you heart you have seen it all in the short time you have had your peas, hang in there
hugs.gif
Thank you, He said it was lack of Vitamins, but she looks much better today, so he didn't give her anything today, it looks almost normal now.

By the way things are much better now, most of the peas are doing well and many hens start to lay eggs, so things are great now
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom