Sick Peahen

Quote: And I think that's part of the problem. It's been my experience that no amount of antibiotics will get rid of the pus, so it must be removed or the infection will remain. The problem is getting it out, because all of that hardened pus is in her sinus cavity. Probably best to talk to a vet about having it removed.

-Kathy

And I think that's part of the problem. It's been my experience that no amount of antibiotics will get rid of the pus, so it must be removed or the infection will remain. The problem is getting it out, because all of that hardened pus is in her sinus cavity. Probably best to talk to a vet about having it removed.

-Kathy
I asked him to remove it but he said he can't, if the pus isn't that hard can i get it out myself?

This is her today:
0.jpg

Find another vet. I was able to get it out from a peahen at the feed store, but it took *several* tries and *many* days to get all of it. Also had to make an incision like this:
http://connerhills.com/sinus_infection_removal.html

Please, please, please, talk to another vet before you try to remove it yourself.

-Kathy
I will search for another vet, the eye isn't swollen like this peacock in Connerhills article, i have treated many birds like his peacock without any problems. I will get a picture of her face now but its dark outside.

Back
Top Bottom