Sick, weak duck, what is wrong, what treatment?

My duck Haley passed away from symptoms just like that. This was very useful information though. I have 2 other ducks and this will be good as future reference.

My duck Haley passed away from symptoms just like that. This was very useful information though. I have 2 other ducks and this will be good as future reference.
So sorry for your loss
hugs.gif

Welcome to BYC

Thank you.
I have another very small duckling named john andi live in Texas I was wondering how to keep him warm this area doesn't usually get this cold but it has . -I've used small blankets but he takes them off and stands on them. He's very spoiled he's a inside duckling and he is scared of the outside

Thank you.
I have another very small duckling named john andi live in Texas I was wondering how to keep him warm this area doesn't usually get this cold but it has . -I've used small blankets but he takes them off and stands on them. He's very spoiled he's a inside duckling and he is scared of the outside
How old is John? and how warm is your house? Maybe in the spring you can get John a buddy, they really like having friends of their own kind.

He has a buddy but that buddy is quite aggressive with him. I was wondering if pine shavings or hay would be good. My house is warm but they stay in the living room which is cold. He doesn't seem to mind but I worry

He has a buddy but that buddy is quite aggressive with him. I was wondering if pine shavings or hay would be good. My house is warm but they stay in the living room which is cold. He doesn't seem to mind but I worry
Is he completely feathered in? Is his buddy another duck? same age? You didn't say how old John is. I use shavings and lots of them mine sleep in their ducks houses and I want them to be able to cuddle way down into the shavings.

I really don't know how old he is sorry we bought him from this feed store. No information other than 4.50$ that's it. He's still a baby though lots of down feathers. His buddy is older 7months. I'm also afraid that he may try to eat the pine shavings and hay

I really don't know how old he is sorry we bought him from this feed store. No information other than 4.50$ that's it. He's still a baby though lots of down feathers. His buddy is older 7months. I'm also afraid that he may try to eat the pine shavings and hay
Can you post a pic and you can put old towels over the shaving for the time being and just shake to towel out in the morning wash dry and reuse. I'd see about a heat lamp with red bulb so it won't interfere with his sleeping. Just make sure it's secure and use a thermometer to keep track of temps so you don't over heat him.If you can post a pic we can give you an idea what temp he should be living in. First week 85 2nd 80 3rd 75 4th 70 what I am saying you drop the temp 5* each week from first. His buddy will get use to him you just have to introduce slowly, it will happen.

Thank you very much.
And I'll see about that picture this phone is really bad but at least its something.

Back
Top Bottom