Sickly Duckling

I thought I would give an update to our sickly duckling. She has improved quite a bit with her neck now fully extended however she has started shaking as if it's uncontrollable. I've finally remembered to order Brewers Yeast but we've been using the vitamin b complex of 150mg in a gallon of water which we use with their feed because they will not drink it otherwise. What made the difference is we began giving her antibiotic injections for 6 days. My husband calculated the dosage and we were not able to find a chest muscle so we had to give them in her tiny little legs. We started out with a 22 guage needle that I found from TSC (as well as the antiboitocs too) but that was so large for her tiny body we bought diabetic needles from the pharmacy which were harder to get the antibiotic in because the needle was so small and it took longer to fill up the syringe but it was definitely easier on her little body.

So she's definitely improved quite a bit and they've been allowed to swim once more. Hopefully the brewers yeast will completely do the trick, but I don't mind having a special needs duck. :)
Best of luck.....Hugs to the Ducky...

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom