My pattern is time consuming w/ all the color changes, so hoping I am able to finish in time!

Well you've got til 9/30 so that's more than one day per square. You can do it.
thumbsup.gif

I'm so sad & mad!! My Speckled Sussex rooster, my ONLY rooster, attacked me this morning! He's only like 26 weeks old, so his spurs aren't actually sharp yet, so he didn't hurt me, but he sure tried. I'm surprised he's not hurt as many times as I had to hit him to knock him down out of my face!

I'm so sad & mad!! My Speckled Sussex rooster, my ONLY rooster, attacked me this morning! He's only like 26 weeks old, so his spurs aren't actually sharp yet, so he didn't hurt me, but he sure tried. I'm surprised he's not hurt as many times as I had to hit him to knock him down out of my face!
My boy decided to attack me last year, it was before I got the pellet gun I use to dispatch them, that is the only reason he is still alive. I tried the hitting him thing it didn't work for long it would take many hits to get him to quit, then the next day he would be at it again, so I waterboarded him. I put a jet nozzle on the hose and if he even looked at me I nailed him w/ it aiming for his head until he was out of range, I was working in the garden that day, so I did it all day long. He has never attacked me again, he has needed a couple of followup sessions where I just do it the one time until he is out of range, mostly just to remind him just who is boss. I highly recomend it especially if it is a roo you are wanting to keep.

Sorry I haven't checked in in a few days everyone, our modem crapped out so had to get a new one. I posted a few different places to see if anyone else I know wanted to participate also but no such luck. even with 9 people we should have enough to put together a nice throw-size blanket or other small project.

5 days left for sign ups still so maybe a few more will shuffle in!

Sorry I haven't checked in in a few days everyone, our modem crapped out so had to get a new one. I posted a few different places to see if anyone else I know wanted to participate also but no such luck. even with 9 people we should have enough to put together a nice throw-size blanket or other small project.

Could everyone still invite friends or family members to join?

I hope we get more swappers, but in case we don't I have a plan for mine. I am going to combine the colorful ribbons of hope blocks w/ the equally colorful and full of hope flower blocks from a previous swap to make a blanket of hope w/ ribbons and flowers.

I hope we get more swappers, but in case we don't I have a plan for mine. I am going to combine the colorful ribbons of hope blocks w/ the equally colorful and full of hope flower blocks from a previous swap to make a blanket of hope w/ ribbons and flowers.
I was thinking of doing that, but I'm not sure I can make the ribbons. The Spring swap we did was 6 inch blocks and the cancer ribbon squares are 8 inches. I guess I could just add 2 inches around the others. Still thinking about it.

I was thinking of doing that, but I'm not sure I can make the ribbons. The Spring swap we did was 6 inch blocks and the cancer ribbon squares are 8 inches. I guess I could just add 2 inches around the others. Still thinking about it.
That is what I was going to do just add to the flower blocks, could even do solid blocks of color in the ribbon colors to tie them together.

There were some easy ideas posted the applique ribbon was really easy and could just be applied to a granny block. A lot of the ribbon blocks are easier then they look. (my favorite kind are the ones that look sooooo hard and everyone says what a genius you must be but they were soo easy) lol

Back
Top Bottom