Hey all. Hate to break it to everyone, but my cousin-in-law, Kassidi, just backed out. They are moving and she doesn't think she'll make the deadline... Sorry! How are everyone's squares going? I think I just got my yarn ordered in! :) yay!

Last edited:
I'm coming right along, doing the inside ribbon part first then I'll go back and put the plum border on, and I think I have about 5 done.

I've still only gotten 2 done. Its been crazy round here!!!! My sisters bf decided suddenly after 2 years to become abusive. She's disabled and on a very fixed income, so she's staying with me until we can find her a place she can afford. I live an hour from her, so I'm moving her down here so I can be more help since my parents just moved to AZ, 36 hours away. Without the bf being decent, she has nobody to help her, & she isn't able to drive. I'll get done, but very slowly!! Lol

I got 2 done and haven't worked on them again, been really busy with doctors appointments and set a goal for myself for this years crochet donations so been working on that too.

sonderah, sorry to hear about your sister, at least she has you to help get her out of the situation though
hugs.gif
. A few years ago I was in a similar situation but after seeing family members repeatedly go through stuff like that I got out of there and cut him off completely, was the best thing I could have done. I hope things turn around for her, she's very luck to have you!

So everyone, since I can't edit the original post anymore, here is an updated Swapper List. I also decided to do my squares for Lymphoma because I've personally dealt with this type of Cancer... and beat it!
woot.gif

Swappers:
#1 Bleenie - Lymphoma
#2 Kassaundra - Multiple Myeloma
#3 sonderah - Childhood Cancer
#4 savnnah07 - Melanoma
#5 acemario - brain cancer
#6 rancher hicks
#7 Mykel (acemario family) - Breast Cancer
#8 rancher hicks (friend)

I'm hesitant to sign up. My Mother is in the hospital, now 6 weeks, due to complications of Hodgkin's Lymphoma. She has had a heart attack since there, with so many other complications. I'm just going to try and go back to work, today. I'd like to try, haven't crocheted in a few years but it's not rocket science (??? lol) Since I see someone else has chosen Lymphoma, my Father died from brain cancer in 1981 my Aunt in 1982 from Breast Cancer, unfortunately I have many other family members with other types of cancer. I'll look into it today to see if I can find something different than someone else on here. I need to make 15 squares, is that right? Thanks. sue

Last edited:
One thing about grannies is they're a "carry along" project. Just take some yarn with you to crochet a square of a solid color when you are sitting with her. Then when you get those done do some ribbon applicues and when those are done sew they on.

For our church knitted squares we pray for the person while we knit. If you pray you can do that for your mom. Of course we can all pray while we do our squares for those we love.

I wish you well,

Rancher

Back
Top Bottom