I'm hesitant to sign up. My Mother is in the hospital, now 6 weeks, due to complications of Hodgkin's Lymphoma. She has had a heart attack since there, with so many other complications. I'm just going to try and go back to work, today. I'd like to try, haven't crocheted in a few years but it's not rocket science (??? lol) Since I see someone else has chosen Lymphoma, my Father died from brain cancer in 1981 my Aunt in 1982 from Breast Cancer, unfortunately I have many other family members with other types of cancer. I'll look into it today to see if I can find something different than someone else on here. I need to make 15 squares, is that right? Thanks. sue
Rancher is right about being able to carry it with you to the hospital. When I have had family members in the hospital a lot I would take crocheting or other busy work w/ me to help pass the time.

I think it is only about 8 or 9 ish right now not 15 squares.

Sorry about your mother in the hospital and having to fight CA.

I'm hesitant to sign up. My Mother is in the hospital, now 6 weeks, due to complications of Hodgkin's Lymphoma. She has had a heart attack since there, with so many other complications. I'm just going to try and go back to work, today. I'd like to try, haven't crocheted in a few years but it's not rocket science (??? lol) Since I see someone else has chosen Lymphoma, my Father died from brain cancer in 1981 my Aunt in 1982 from Breast Cancer, unfortunately I have many other family members with other types of cancer. I'll look into it today to see if I can find something different than someone else on here. I need to make 15 squares, is that right? Thanks. sue
Sally, if you would like to do Lymphoma, i would happily switch to another(have had cervical cancer as well). The current count is only 8 so you would only have to make 9 squares for this swap. If you've crocheted before it won't be hard to pick up again! and since this swap is so small all you'd need is 1-2 balls of yarn to complete the squares and we've got a whole month to do them in.

I take my crochet with my when my grandmother goes to her chemo or other oncology appointments. There's actually a few groups that often visit the cancer center and encourage patients and family to crochet during/through/after their treatments as therapy. I know it definitely helps me not worry so much so maybe it'll help you too.

If you decide you'd like to join just let me know, even if the sign ups are closed. As long as everyone has notice I am sure the other swappers won't mind. :)

No, I'm ready to sign up. So, count me in. Mom has Hodgkin's Lymphoma which I believe is violet and Lymphoma is lime green. I could do either. I've crocheted since 6th grade but just haven't so much since the grand babies came. I keep watch as to the number of squares needed. sue

Welcome Sally! I'll be praying for your mom & your family!

Most of you know I have my first ever eggs in an incubator. Well, I'm on day 14 & candled again this morning. I ACTUALLY SAW A FOOT MOVING!!!! Its sooooo neat!!!!

So anyway! Lol Ive so gotta get busy on my blocks!!! Lol :)

Good to have you on board Sally.

Sonderah, it never gets old the excitement of hatching. Hope you have a great hatch.

Thanks for signing up everyone, I'm excited to get going again on my squares, should be done in no time! Sally, if you decide on a specific ribbon color, let me know and i can post it here.

FINAL Swapper List:
#1 Bleenie - Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma
#2 Kassaundra - Multiple Myeloma
#3 sonderah - Childhood Cancer
#4 savnnah07 - Melanoma
#5 acemario - brain cancer
#6 rancher hicks
#7 Mykel (acemario family) - Breast Cancer
#8 rancher hicks (friend)
#9 Sally8 - Hodgkins Lymphoma

Last edited:

Back