Can anyone tell me how wide your border of dark orchid is.? Last night I perfected my pattern and will only take me a couple of hours per square This has been so much fun with all the sadness going on with Mom's illness. Thanks. sue

Oh, and are each square different? I was assuming that they were all alike instead of 9 different ones. Or can they be any. Maybe I should reread the first post. lol I was one of those that when given a test in school and the teacher said to read through first, I did all the problems only to learn that we were supposed to do every other one.
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Mine are all the same, my boarder is what it needs to be to make my inner square 8 inches!!! lol lol

My side boarders are thicker then the top and bottom boarders, but I haven't measured them.

The border can be a single row or more, whatever you need to do to make your finished square 8" x 8".

Most everyone signed up for a certain ribbon color but I did a breast cancer one when i first started, you can do any ribbon you like really, I think we're all going to make more to finish off any projects we plan on using them in.. You can also do any pattern you like.

Can anyone tell me how wide your border of dark orchid is.? Last night I perfected my pattern and will only take me a couple of hours per square This has been so much fun with all the sadness going on with Mom's illness. Thanks. sue

Oh, and are each square different? I was assuming that they were all alike instead of 9 different ones. Or can they be any. Maybe I should reread the first post. lol I was one of those that when given a test in school and the teacher said to read through first, I did all the problems only to learn that we were supposed to do every other one.
barnie.gif

They can be all the same pattern, or completely different! :) My border is only one single stitch to reach the 8 inch square.

Ok, I went to Hobby Lobby today but can't find the Dark Orchid. I am going to check at Joann's fabrics, but if they don't have it I would have to order it and it is $11 with shipping for just 1 skein :( Has anyone else had luck with finding the color?

Ok, I went to Hobby Lobby today but can't find the Dark Orchid. I am going to check at Joann's fabrics, but if they don't have it I would have to order it and it is $11 with shipping for just 1 skein :( Has anyone else had luck with finding the color? 

Not at all! I had to travel to the town over to get violet and then I couldn't get that. I'm going to do the same as I did to get the violet. I went to the craft department and found violet in the paints, then matched that to yarn. I went to Jo Ann's, Hobby Lobby, Michaels and Walmart.

My squares will be done in the next couple days. On Wed I'll be going to the hospital in the next town over and will try to find dark orchid or as close as I can get. This has been so much fun!

Not at all! I had to travel to the town over to get violet and then I couldn't get that. I'm going to do the same as I did to get the violet. I went to the craft department and found violet in the paints, then matched that to yarn. I went to Jo Ann's, Hobby Lobby, Michaels and Walmart.

My squares will be done in the next couple days. On Wed I'll be going to the hospital in the next town over and will try to find dark orchid or as close as I can get. This has been so much fun!

I was finally able to look on Joann's website last night and they supposedly have 14 skeins of the dark orchid. I am going at lunch to buy one! If need be, I can buy some for people who need it and mail it out and be paid back via paypal. let me know!

I got mine on Ebay for $6 with shipping

Back
Top Bottom