Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

Okay, to me she is not balanced - yet. Her crest needs to be larger to balance out that lovely "S" shape. Lovely coloring. How are her wings?
So more waiting :) Hopefully she will get more crest as she matures :). When it's not so hot out she holds them good, but so hot here right now it is hard to judge.

Here is a cockerel with good wings. That's about all that's turned out good though
sad.png
Other than comb being too red, he looks good! Nice beard, crest, tail, feet, hackles, ear lobe color. Type looks pretty good but hard to tell.

I want to talk about split wing and what qualifies and what doesn't! I'll need to take some pictures, but they'll be coming. The only thing I have right now, is an immature wing I've shown on the other thread. But I do have a couple of adult wings to critique and then I know I have an excellent wing, and I could post that for comparison.... I've been talking feet with another user here.

Since I have feet pics now--- what is the MOST desirable in the 4th and 5th toes.....??? I have an idea, but would like feed back. (BTW, it's 110 degrees out there, so they are standing in the water mister, hence the muddy/dirty feet) Sorry!

Chick #1
900x900px-LL-bfe07bcc_IMG_7181.jpeg

Chick #2
900x900px-LL-7ba0eedb_IMG_7182.jpeg

Chick #3
900x900px-LL-0acd3d45_IMG_7184.jpeg

Chick #4
900x900px-LL-986b4333_IMG_7187.jpeg

I want to talk about split wing and what qualifies and what doesn't! I'll need to take some pictures, but they'll be coming. The only thing I have right now, is an immature wing I've shown on the other thread. But I do have a couple of adult wings to critique and then I know I have an excellent wing, and I could post that for comparison.... I've been talking feet with another user here.

Since I have feet pics now--- what is the MOST desirable in the 4th and 5th toes.....??? I have an idea, but would like feed back. (BTW, it's 110 degrees out there, so they are standing in the water mister, hence the muddy/dirty feet) Sorry!

Chick #1
900x900px-LL-bfe07bcc_IMG_7181.jpeg

Chick #2
900x900px-LL-7ba0eedb_IMG_7182.jpeg

Chick #3
900x900px-LL-0acd3d45_IMG_7184.jpeg

Chick #4
900x900px-LL-986b4333_IMG_7187.jpeg
I like the last photo, foot on the left the best. Top right is very nice also. But, I am no expert so hoping to get feet back from someone who knows!!

Back
Top Bottom