Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

I like the last photo, foot on the left the best. Top right is very nice also. But, I am no expert so hoping to get feet back from someone who knows!!
I have tons of chicks right now, but I picked these out as my favorite feet. There are some more decent feet.... and then some not so decent. But was thinking some had the more desirable V shape on the 4th and 5th.

Other than comb being too red, he looks good! Nice beard, crest, tail, feet, hackles, ear lobe color. Type looks pretty good but hard to tell.

Just looking at him he looks good - even better now. But his back is deformed - super short and deformed. It wasn't noticeable until he was six months old and it just got worse.
So I agree with you 100% - good (in the image)but for the light comb.

Last edited:
I went out to evaluate my grow out pen late morning. It was already in the 90's and every one was hang-dog and panting. :( I just couldn't get any good photos. This one is decent of a pullet just shy of 4 months. She was purchased as an egg from Catdance.

Looking good except for the "hot wing". Looks like she will be nice and typey - getting her curves already. Crest could be bigger in proportion to the rest of her,
but very lovely young pullet.

Looking good except for the "hot wing". Looks like she will be nice and typey - getting her curves already. Crest could be bigger in proportion to the rest of her,
but very lovely young pullet.
Thanks! Yes, I'm real happy with her type. I'm not unhappy with her crest. She has a very thick hackle and it makes her crest appear smaller than it actually is in the photo. Of course if you compare her to a white, then yes it's pretty small. Those whites are sooo awesome!!

Thanks! Yes, I'm real happy with her type. I'm not unhappy with her crest. She has a very thick hackle and it makes her crest appear smaller than it actually is in the photo. Of course if you compare her to a white, then yes it's pretty small. Those whites are sooo awesome!!
I was thinking the same! I don't think I've ever seen a splash, blue, etc with crests like the whites can get.
wink.png
If someone has one, I'd love to see it!

Back
Top Bottom